Tuesday, September 05, 2006

First Day of School, HOORAY!

It is now 5:00 in the morning. Jacob is in the shower. Will is heading out the door and Jessalyn who does not need to get to get up for an hour is already dressed, hair brushed and ready to eat breakfast. So much for not being excited about school. I am so ready for them to be back in school. Especially Jacob. Not that he has been being bad. It's just that with his best friend moving away from Warrens, he has had all this emotional energy that has had him jumping around for a couple of weeks. Jessalyn just plain misses her friends.
Just think this will be Jacob's first week of the new year. This will be his first year in school "breathing". His surgery seems to have been a total success. He is changing so much. He is less than an inch shorter than me and is very proud of himself. He speaks much more clearly, hears better and is able to sit still and concentrate on something much better. I am praying that it is a different situation at school for him. I pray that he does not struggle so much.
In my last post I wrote about going to see the insurance adjuster and also the LP Gas people. Well, it turns out that the insurance people agreed with me about the hail damage. Will expected them to laugh at me. I went figuring he was probably right. HE WAS WRONG AND WILL EVEN ADMIT IT!!!! Let's just say it turned out to be lots of paperwork and lots of on the road time, but the car paid for a large portion of our heat for this winter. Boy was I feeling blessed as I ran around dealing with all of that.
Will has a new chain saw. The neighbor had some trees that needed cutting down. We are doing that now for firewood. It looks as if we will have two wood stoves in the house this winter to help with the heating bill. We have always planned on one in the living room, but now have one for the new room also. It will be nice to be able to use the new room this year without using the electric heaters. I figure we will have about three cord of wood or more by the time we are done. Our plans are to have about 7 cord this winter, I think. With God supplying all of this wood, Will and I think that he is preparing us for a cold winter. If not, we will be VERY prepared for a mild winter. Either way God is good.
Cranfest preparations are under way. I know that I told you that I would be busy, so Will would take care of the blog for the most part. Well, he did. This morning he told me to update the blog. Gee thanks honey.
It was a sad day around here yesterday after learning about Steve Irwin the Crocodile Hunter's death. Jacob and Jessalyn really enjoyed him and Jacob is quite upset over his death. It was one of his favorite shows. Kind of like I was when John Wayne died. I was about the same age and it really hit me hard. After all he was invincible on tv, why not in real life?
Have a great day.

No comments: