Monday, October 09, 2006

I finished my April of "2004" to-do list!

Some of you may laugh, but for me this is a big thing. I make lists. Lists of everything that I need to accomplish each day. Lists of things to do for this certain event. Lists for this month. Lists for this meal. You get the picture. Well, I happened to find a list from April of 2004. I was really happy to see that I had almost all of it finished two years later, so I quick did the last thing and now I can say that I accomplished my goal. Unfortunately, there are many, many lists in between that are not finished yet, but I can dream can't I?
Yesterday the high for the day was 70 and by Wednesday we are supposedly going to have snow showers all day. I guess this is God's way of reminding us that winter is coming. Our normal reminder of cranberry harvest is sort of here too. So many of the marshes were hit by that terrible hail and had to harvest early so there is not such a rush right now. I think a couple of them start next week though. I love looking at the dump trucks full of cranberries driving down the road.
We had family night here on Saturday. We had a campfire and everyone sat around it talking, eating and singing. It was a great time. We enjoy just being with each other. Everyone is invited and you never know who will show up.
Mom and Dad are planning on going to Tennessee for Thanksgiving. That means that Thanksgiving here will be at our house. You never know who will show up for that one either. I really have a problem knowing that anyone is alone during the holidays. Now that Christmas is coming soon, that means more lists for me too.......see it's a vicious circle.....it just keeps going on and on.
I was sitting here at the desk with my very large black lab puppy sitting on my feet (not an easy task) contemplating God's design for a while this morning. Our exteneded family suffered some deaths in the last couple of weeks, one of Mom's best friends, our Aunt in Northern Wisconsin and some other people that were close to our family....sad times, but they all knew the Lord so we will see them again. At the same time they were leaving this world, our good friends Seth and Claire were starting their new lives together by getting married in Australia, where she is from. Another couple who are friends of mine are set to have their baby soon. Our friend Peggy had her grandson here too. Charlie will be two in a month or so. Right now he is in that helpful stage. He will sweep for hours and will help you pick up what he calls "Barbage". He really enjoyed having our huge yard and puppy to play with. Not to mention the swing set. He went down the slide for the first time by himself. Great fun to watch him.
With all of the changes that have come about in the last couple of weeks, my mind is spinning BUT it also helps me to realize that petty differences with people are just plain silly. In the last months we have been involved in some strange situations with people we love. These past few weeks have made me realize that life is too, too short and it really does not matter who is right and who is wrong. It really does not matter who threw the first insult or caused the first hurt feeling. The point of the whole thing, when you get right down to it is others.......The TRUTH about it all is that if we were more worried about the other person and not about our own feelings and not whether we were the one that was "right" or the one that is the hurt party in all of this we would not have these situations come up. If we spend our lives trying to make sure that others come first then things will be alot easier. God said it right in his word.....love God, love others......there is no love yourself in that pecking order. I am going to try to remember that. I'm not saying it will be easy, but I am going to try. Don't even get me started on telling the "truth in love". I will just say that unless someone asks for the truth from me....I'm going to try to keep my yap shut. My truth may not be what they see as truth and it usually just comes out as criticism not "love". I am trying to learn from past situations, some not even involving myself. Hey I can learn from someone else's mistakes can't I?
Well, Columbus Day is a day off for the Post Office, but not a day off for me. I'm going to go and work on some more "lists". The scary thing is that Will has a list of things to accomplish today too. Oh boy, I bet that means more work for me...yippee!
Have a great day!

No comments: