Wednesday, October 11, 2006

snow today and snow tomorrow....

Well the weather outside is frightful, but the fire inside is delightful! We started the morning out with 50 degrees and rain, by 10:00 am it was 37 and now its in the low 30's. It is also snowing. Thank God the ground is still warm so we don't have any accumulation. I am just not ready for snow on the ground in the beginning of October.
I came home frozen from work. The wind is over 30 mph and it goes right through you when you are not used to it. This won't be so bad during January but when it was over 70 two days ago, it shocks your system.
The kids are drinking hot cocoa and I'm making potato, cheese & ham soup. We actually had to turn the furnace on too. I guess winter is coming. I really do love my fireplace though. There is something quite "comfy" about sitting in front of the fire reading. Not that I have time to do that yet.
Well, just thought I would check in and let you know that we are warm, dry and cozy...even though that "white stuff" is coming down.
God bless.

No comments: