Saturday, December 09, 2006

Work Work Work...

We had a meeting with Dave and Dottie the other night concerning turning my garage/workshop into a couple of extra bedrooms with a little living area. We were basically deciding on a tentative layout. There will be no bathroom and the bedrooms will be teeny tiny, but this way we can give Amanda and Peggy a place to live. They are such wonderful people with hearts for God that we just adopted them into the family. When we originally bought this place it was still a store. What has become my garage and workshop used to be the "hardware store". So, I did the opposite of what most people do. I took a large room and made a garage, instead of making my garage into a large room . It was a very nice insulated and drywalled garage, so it shouldn't be too hard to turn back into rooms. Where the garage door is now we will install two windows and a door. This way they will have their own way in and out, even though they will need to come into the main house for the bathroom. At least it's not like they would have to go outside to find the out-house. It will just be a long walk through what has become a ridiculously large house!
We went shopping for the windows and a door yesterday in Marshfield (about an hours drive). We knew what we were looking for, so it shouldn't have taken as long as it did at the store...except, I had just been complaining about the door to our dining room -which is literally falling apart. The Jams and Sash are all splitting and we have to cover the entire entrance way with plastic just to keep the cold out.
Well, while we were there, we came across a close-out "display model" that was 360 dollars off. of course that meant it was still...ahem, pricey. Especially at this time of year. So we wandered around the store looking at doors and trying to come up with a scheme to replace my dining room doors with something cheaper than the close-out price on this door. We couldn't come up with a thing. So we bought the door. Right now it's a ridiculously bright yellow that will have to be painted the first time the temperature is warm enough.
The temps are in the 40's today so we are going to try to install it. Hopefully we will have it in and still have time to get ourselves cleaned up.
This afternoon is the reception for Seth and Claire. I have really been looking forward to that but of course ("...best laid plans of mice and men...") My work planned their Holiday party for this same evening. So, we will attend the reception for an hour or so and then hit my office party until it is politically okay to dive out and then try to make it back to the reception if possible. It should make for a nice long day don't you think?

Tomorrow I'm teaching Sunday School and I think I will ask the other smaller classes to join us as well. What I am planning should be pretty basic and easy to understand. Your prayers of course are always welcome!
Well, lunch break is over (Dottie made some great soup! I think she said she got the recipe from my Sister in law Rhonda. If so, then Thanks Dottie and Rhonda!) so I got to get back to work!
Merry Christmas!
Will.

No comments: