Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Deanna's 4's

Will tagged me on this one and I suppose I should answer the challenge. Of course I waited until tonight when I am so tired, I cannot think straight. The neighbor just came over to talk to Will and they are outside discussing things. Will and I had been in the middle of a tv show and the twerp took the remote with him AFTER PAUSING THE SHOW! Without the remote there is no changing anything on the tv (tivo type thingy) so here I sit. I would go to bed, but truthfully I'm nosy about what the neighbor said.
Here we go with the questions....
1. Four places that I have lived: It might be easier to tell you where I have not lived, but here are 4 of them, Rome Georgia, Rockford Illinois, Crawfordville Florida and Warrens Wisconsin.

2. Four tv shows I like to watch: Criminal Minds, $40 a Day, All the CSI's and Numbers. Those are the current ones, but I also just love Old Reruns of I Love Lucy, MASH and Mayberry.

3. Four places I have been on vacation: Disney World (one of my favorites, I almost went to work there singing, but decided that Will was my better choice).

A trip to Canada and the East Coast. We went up and over through Canada and then came down the East Coast and over through Pennsylvania.

Washington DC was a great place for me although I would love to go back now that I'm older and explore more.

Since my Dad is a Civil War buff, I think that I have been to almost every Civil War Battlefield there is.....walking onto Gettysburg was one of the most profound moments of my life. Another one of those speechless, breathtaking moments for me was walking through Lincoln's tomb in Springfield Illinois, it just felt like the past was still there and in the quietness of that place you could "feel" history. I don't know how to explain it, but those two places have the same feeling for me. History is my thing and those two places are very moving for me.

4. Four of my favorite foods. This one is really hard for me. I love food, I love the texture, the flavors the experience of food. I think that is why I love to cook so much. It would be easier to tell you the things I have found that I do not like.....liver and onions, escargo (a texture thing), sardines (texture again) As far as food that I love: Deviled crab stuffed, bacon wrapped jumbo shrimp that have been broiled, a good hand made Italian pasta, grilled veggies with chicken and soups. Of course one of my most favorite things to eat is a really good fresh ripe tomato sliced with cucumbers and a little salt and pepper or maybe some rice wine vinegar.

5. Four places I'd rather be right now.
Let's see, Disney World is a given. There is a free feeling there that allows you to enjoy yourself without guilt, without the pressures of life and the most stress you will find is waiting in line or trying to see it all before the day is through.

Alaska is probably my second most rather be (if it was all paid for it would be my first). I hope to someday travel overland to Alaska through Canada, then go on a cruise and guided tour (bus/train) and then spend a week with our relatives with the return trip including the California redwoods (I really want to see those trees; another history thing you know).

My parents are in Knoxville Tennessee with my brother's family enjoying spring in the Smokies. I think that would be great. I have my father's wander lust and I'm pretty sure that if I had lived in the 1800's, I would have ended up trying to be a pioneer (I don't know about Will though). I can imagine myself on a wagon train looking to see what was around the next bend.

Finally I would love to take my family all through the United States checking out all the major battlefields, settlements, forts, landmarks etc. Of course we would have to go to where Will's parents grew up and check out the family history there. I take great pride in our history as a family and as a nation. It's like a really great book just waiting to be read.

6. Four people I am going to tag on this.....let's see. Vicki Myer, Bob Gould, and all of our Australian friends. Have fun!

No comments: