Monday, April 30, 2007

Happy Birthday to ME!

Yes, Happy Birthday to ME!
and it was a very very good day too!

Sunday was indeed my Birthday, and I wasn't going to make a big deal about it.
I wasn't.
I asked (begged) Deanna not to throw a party, and she didn't!
well, sort of.
but I'm getting ahead of myself.

First let me make this clear: Deanna always makes sure that my birthday is special. Whether I want her to or not. (Here's a secret: I really do, and she knows that but I complain loudly that I don't)

I really am not big on big parties that focus on me. (no kidding this time)
So my Sunday went like this:
It's Sunday right? So I have to get up and get ready for Church.
Yes, I could have "skipped" but keep in mind that I only get to go to church once every other week. I didn't want to miss it.

Still, I did sleep in a little longer and get ready a little later. I just kind of "puttered along". Deanna made me one of my favorite breakfasts:
Sawmill gravy (sausage gravy) and fresh bisquits.
A little later, and later than we should have, we went to church.
Wonderful service at church. The Lords Spirit was amongst the fellowship before during and after. It was very nice and filling if you know what I mean.
After Church we came home and I took a nap. Naps ARE Good!
I woke up for a while and then Napped some more!
Did I mention that Naps ARE Good!?
The weather was fantastic and I was glad that our friend Luke was here.
I was sitting on our back patio enjoying the sunshine and the breeze while playing my guitar (badly as usual). The kids were playing in the yard, Amanda, Peggy, Deanna, Luke and myself just sort of lounged around. Amanda and Deanna didn't lounge quite so much as they were cooking on the grill outside and preparing for the "feast" inside.
Anyway, I mentioned to the group that it's such a beautiful day I almost feel bad for sitting here doing nothing.
Luke piped up with:
You are doing something! You are enjoying this day!
Then he clarified:
It is Such a beautiful day that it would be a shame to be distracted from it by doing something.
I really like Luke.
He can visit any time he wants and stay as long as he wants.
I did say it was a very Good Day right. So I listened to Lukes wisdom and enjoyed it. God is Very Good.
WEe had a fantastic Lunch that we nibbled on til some time after dinner and into the evening. Pausing to go back out and enjoy the day and the fellowship of family and friends.
In true awards style I would like to thank:
God. Duh. He is So Good to us very unworthy souls
Mom and Dad. Again Duh. Even though they weren't here it wouldn't be a Birthday without them.
The rest of my family and Friends because birthdays spent alone really, really "Inhale"
Especially: Deanna. From Morning until evening she did everything possible to make this day special for me. She respected what I wanted and knew what I needed. Smartest thing I ever did was accepting this gift from God that is my wife.
Okay, 'Nuff Said. I'm late for work so I don't have time to proof read this. Be kind.
Will.

No comments: