Monday, May 07, 2007

Ready set GO!!!!!!

Last Thursday Jessalyn and I went to Madison for a 4th grade field trip. It was a quick one. We left at 8:15 am and returned by 6:00 pm. We managed to fit in the effigy mounds at New Lisbon, the Vilas Park Zoo, the Veteran's Museum and the Wisconsin Capitol. It was fun and we saw some great stuff but they sure didn't allow us much time to explore. I would love to take my family back for a longer visit. The zoo was fun and the museum was really interesting, but they both needed much more time to fully enjoy them. The capitol was awesome! I do not know that I have ever seen a more beautiful building. The stained glass windows were beautiful and I could have spent hours looking at them. They are huge and are in the ceilings to give more natural light. Wonderful!
Jessalyn was allowed to sit in the chair of Senator Wirch of Wisconsin. She really loved that one. She and the rest of her class sat in the chairs that the senators sit in when they are in session. Then they went to the chambers for the house of representatives and sat there. What a great experience for those kids. I could see some wheels working and thinking that maybe they could sit in these chairs when they grew up. It was fun to see.
I have posted some pictures from the trip and hope that you enjoy them.
dea

No comments: