Monday, May 21, 2007

Vacation time-EVERYBODY IS SICK!!!

We are getting ready to go on vacation this week, so what happens? Everyone gets sick, including me! Nothing life threatening...nothing earth shattering, just incredibly bad timing. Jessalyn has a cold/cough. Will has allergies. I just am getting over the bug that Will lovingly shared with me (bless his heart). Now Jacob has pulled what I call "a Jacob". We were leaving for church yesterday and he decided to throw on a warmer shirt. Somehow he got something in his eye and we could not get anything out. I don't know if he scratched it or what, but now it's pretty much almost swollen shut. So......I called in sick to work today even though I will still have to go in and go over some weird stuff with the substitute. Jacob has to go to the Dr. again. This makes it once a week for the last 3 weeks. Check up for meds, surgery on toe and now his eye. Add in Jessa having that biopsy on the junk on her legs. I am just thrilled to be heading up there again. Great joy......
I've been cleaning and packing. Now today they start working on the motor home getting it ready to go. They are going to take off the generator that Mom and Dad take with them to Texas for the winter. That will give us more room to pack stuff on the rack outside. We are not taking all that much, but with 6 people going you need as much room as you can inside. We sure are looking forward to this.
I think Will is a little anxious to be meeting more of what seems like a never ending group of people on my side of the family. His immediate family of cousins etc is much smaller than mine. At last count ours was at 105 immediate and a huge network of second and third cousins that all know each other and keep in touch. It can get pretty overwhelming for a person. Doesn't bother me at all, but then again I grew up in it. It's a crazy mess when we are all together but we have a good time and the singing is wonderful. I like to think that when we all sing together it sounds and feels like a mini version of what heaven will be like. I don't expect Will to remember names....remember he has even forgotten mine before (It's the truth! Ask him!)
Well, back to dishes, laundry, packing, sorting, cleaning, cooking and doctors.
Oh, by the way...... I STILL LOVE MY VEGGIE SINK!!!! For my anniversary I am hoping for a new fence or a screened room. I will make due with a new wheel barrow though. Am I romantic or what?
Have a great day!
dea

No comments: