Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I'm getting really sick of this

Tomorrow we bury my beloved Uncle Bill. He was the type person that I hope everyone has in their family. Always the uncle to come and play with us kids. I mean ALWAYS! Whenever we had a family gathering we could count on Uncle Bill for a good time. He carried on that way for years. My children remember him as their favorite toy. Even after being diagnosed with heart problems and diabetes, he still bought himself a "super soaker" water gun and chased the kids around for hours. He loved kids and we loved him. He has been so sick the last couple of years that it was painful to watch. There will be a huge hole in any family gathering from now on as well as our hearts.

Now my Uncle Lloyd is in ICU at LaCrosse and not doing well. BUT, we have a BIG God and I believe in miracles. Lloyd is the middle brother in my Dad's family. He is the bass singer in our singing group the Dads & Daughters. He is also the comic relief. We can pull out a song that we have sung for years and he will say "Huh, did we ever sing this before?" and he's being serious! We are always laughing around him. He's been known to wrap a towel around his head with a bunch of bananas sitting on the towel and then dance while singing "I'm chaquita banana and I'm here to say......"

Please pray.

Another Aunt was just diagnosed with Ovarian cancer.

Things seem to be falling apart around here. I just have to cling to the FACT that God is in control and his promise is that he will never, never leave us or forsake us. He's there no matter how much we are hurting. He has a plan.

I just keep running around singing....Romans 8:28. It's what gets me through lately.

I have started to dread the phone ringing....yet I'm miserable when there is no news. Go figure.

I just know I'm really getting sick of losing people.....but I know I'm only losing them "for now". I know I'll see them again. That helps, sometimes.

dea

No comments: