Monday, February 18, 2008

Snow, snow and more snow..

When I last posted we had just been blessed with lots of snow. Yesterday we were blessed with 8-10 inches more. Then this morning it has snowed another 2-3 already.

Will and I read meters all day yesterday. It was fun. I kind of felt like a pioneer. We had to do it. We had no choice in the matter. We have a deadline. Then suddenly it became a matter of stubborn pride for us. We were going to beat the elements. We were going to win. We almost did and then a ditch sucked us in while we were parked. God worked it out so that the next people that came by were the helping kind. They stopped and called someone, but the next person that came by was another neighbor and he pulled us out. Thank you God. By the time we were unstuck it was too dark to read our last four meters. We will read them quick this morning and then go over and read the second much smaller route today.

I cannot wait for spring. There is another crop of weeds just waiting for me to plant them in my garden. Although this year I am planting my garden somewhere else because the deer have found that they love greenbeans and wax beans. They eat the plants and all. They even try some of the tomatoes. If they try something and like it they eat it all, but if they don't, they head onto the next something to try. All these bites out of all the veggies. It's a scene of mass destruction. I hope they get a bellyache. This year I'll put it in the front courtyard and hopefully make it harder for them to get at.

The kids are getting ready for school. They keep hoping that we will hear that school has been closed instead of just this delay, but so far it's not happening. They really are hoping.....you can feel it in the air.

Tonight I pick up the four or five little girls after their musical practise and bring them home. Tomorrow, Will goes back to work (he took today off to read meters). Wednesday Jacob goes to the orthodontist and the eye doctor. Poor kid he might walk away from there with braces and glasses.

I hope you all have a wonderful day.
God bless.
dea

No comments: