Monday, July 14, 2008

18 Years?!?







Do you remember when you turned 18? When I turned 18 it really was a big deal. From the time you are in elementary school you start looking forward to and dreaming about the day you turn 18. It took forever! Between the ages of 18 and 25 there were some bad times for me but mostly I have really good memories of the short period when time moved at it's normal pace. Then I was blessed with a wonderful woman who apparently lost her mind for long enough to say "I do".

I'm sure I heard a "starters pistol" and the words: "...And They're Off!" because that's when "time" kicked it into high gear! Wham! Blink! and it's now our 18th wedding anniversary! Whuh? whoo? huh? Where'd it go?




It's a good thing that I trust what God does or else I would think He has made a mistake. Seriously, shouldn't the school years have raced by and then start to slow down after that? Wouldn't that make more sense? As someone once said "Youth is wasted on the Young".




We have a few minutes this morning together but that will be all. As old poor married folk, Deanna has to work this am and I will have to work this afternoon reading meters. Perhaps she will be able to meet me this afternoon, but probably not. So, for our anniversary we get a few minutes in the morning and maybe a few tonight to reminisce over the last 18 and to dream about the next 18.




Just don't blink, and if anyone sees that guy with the starters pistol, give him a slap and take his gun away!




Will.

No comments: