Sunday, July 06, 2008

I forgot the Gathering Report

Things went really well at the Gathering aside from the fact that everything and I mean everything went wrong that morning before we left. Thankfully my Uncle Ken came and helped load some of the stuff into his car. It was a huge help.

Devils Lake is beautiful, even if the lake was a little larger than it normally is. We were in this huge room with entire walls of windows that overlooked the lake and this huge bluff. Good food and fun times.

Jacob starts a little summer school class load tomorrow. It should not last long. The teacher just wanted him to come in and finish a couple of things up from last year before going on to next year. As soon as he is finished, he can stop going and be a summer bum again.

It is raining here and I am glad. Today was one of those muggy summer days although it was beautiful out. Will and I went with my Dad to learn their new meter reading route. We will be reading meters for them this month so that they can run to Charleston with my sister and brother and their families. I hope they have a wonderful time. It will be strange for us doing the meter route without 3 feet of snow on the ground.

While we were on the route today, my hubby bought us an icecream cone. There are not many things that are better than a cone on a hot day. Just hits the spot.

Speaking of my hubby, our anniversary is a week from tomorrow. Can you believe 18 years? What a hoot! Sometimes it feels like 3 months and other times it feels like we have known each other forever. I am so glad that God sent him my way. Who else would put up with me?

Well, time to get some more laundry done before I head to bed. Have a great day tomorrow.

dea

No comments: