Friday, July 25, 2008

About the pics below...

...and bad purchases.
I had intended to include many more pictures below than I did. It was brought to my attention that there were many who have yet to see those and better was how much fun it was to remember how all those wonderful people looked back then!
So, that was my intent; to focus this time on the other people who attended. What got us started was the purchase of our first "scanner-printer". I had thought we had done well. We bought a Hewle*t PacKard. They are supposed to be among the best when it comes to printers. Perhaps they are but GRRRR! their software truly "inhales". Seriously, they leave a lot to be desired. This software behaves more like a virus. It is terribly intrusive and poorly executed (I'd like to try a hand at "executing" it!). Just another "something" I shouldn't have bought, that doesn't work as I had planned. (sigh) No surprise there.
So, after battling with this software for over an hour I discovered that the software had "lost" almost half of the pictures I scanned. I am sorry, but I wasn't going to spend another hour rescanning pictures. Maybe later. Besides, we should have another Wedding album around here somewhere with even more pictures of people from 1990!

Now, to the Pics below:
The first is the picture of our wedding rings. There is a story here that perhaps explains a lot about the flaws and faults of Myself and Deanna. We don't have those rings anymore. Either one of us.
I love to tell people that in true Redneck Fashion, I "Hocked" Deanna's Engagement ring on our first wedding anniversary.
The truth is: I bought her an anniversary band but it wouldn't match up right with the wedding set. After surprising Deanna with the band and discovering it wouldn't work (see the trend?) I took her and her ring to the store to see if we could find a band that would work.
The wedding set I bought her a year and a half earlier was beautiful but deadly. Both of us carried more than a few scars and scratches from it. Deanna had to really be careful no matter what she was doing or someone was going to bleed.
When we got to the store the clerk told us that her wedding set was worth more now a year later than it was when we bought it. So both Deanna and I started doing the math: If I add the price of the anniversary band to the price of selling the wedding set...hmmm. Then Deanna pointed down and said, "there is the set I really wanted..." What??? Why didn't you say so a year ago??? Her reply: " I thought it was too expensive" ARRRGGHHH! I remember shopping for her wedding set and telling her over and over to stop looking at the prices.... Long story short, she now has a different wedding set. My ring couldn't stand the abuse of a clumsy oaf such as myself and a few years later was replaced by a plain band. It serves it's purpose: announces that I'm private property, bought and paid for.

The Next picture is a younger pic of my brother in law David followed by a picture of his wife Rhonda (right) and my sister in law Dale (left and below that).

Our wedding has been called "a pretty good musical" and part of that was because of our very good friend Cathy who was one of the "dancers" in the pictures below. I had another one of her "dancing" with one of our stuffed bears but it was one of the ones "lost". The last one is the wedding cake which really took my by surprise by how wonderful it was. All those flowers on the cake are icing. All of them. They were tasty too!

Well, I've made myself late for work adding this because I didn't have time to add it yesterday. (I was hunting ...lost pictures arggg!).

God bless and a Great day to you.
Will.

No comments: