Friday, July 31, 2009

Cause she said so!

(from Will)

With my wife I usually have the last words. They're usually "Yes Dear" or "Sorry Dear"....

Anyway, She mandated this morning that I needed to "blog". She was right of course, but I'm going to have to make this short. Too much to do and too little time. You all have lives - so I know YOU know what I'm talking about. Still, you're important to us, so you deserve something.

I imagine that a lot of the up coming posts will be about our two week vacation and I will be posting lots of pictures. I hope to be opening a photo bucket type account to place these pics and then I'll hand out passwords to those interested if I can. If you have any experience with these sites and would like to make some suggestions I would love to hear 'em!

I just worked my first two days after my vacation and it took some getting used to. I have decided I really was built to be independently wealthy. I'm basically lazy until there is the prospect of spending lots of money to make me or someone else happy. Obviously, someone somewhere has made a mistake and given my lifestyle to some poor hardworking soul who is suffering untold luxury when he should have had my lifestyle instead. Oh well, we take what we are dealt!

I know that by a lot of standards I AM independently wealthy and I do give thanks for that everyday but the last two weeks were perfectly luxurious and decadent and I really could become accustomed to it; I'd at least like to try!

Thanks again to all my friends and family that made that possible! You will be hearing more on that (and them) in the future!

Anyway, after working two days I have the weekend off (yeah I know, I've got it tough) So I get to boss the kids around while we try to catch up on two weeks of chores. The nice thing about the grass being ridiculously tall is it hides the way the fence and siding need repair...

Deanna had a pleasant surprise yesterday. She was out trying to find our garden plot in the tall grass. She found the remnants of the garden fence and deduced the plot must have been inside. We never got around to planting anything despite our best laid plans but God had intervened. She found several squash plants growing all by themselves! In fact, she found a couple large plants with squash pre-ripe outside the garden where we've never planted any! I was telling this to one of my co-workers and he agreed with me that often our best garden turns out to be whats growing out of our compost pile! These plants weren't in our compost pile (this time) but I liked the symbolism:

We plan, we work, we contrive and scheme to cause a garden to grow and then God shows how easy it is for Him to do so much better. Yes God, you do good work.

Well, that's all I have time for today, remember more pics and vacation stories to come! (you poor souls) (insert maniacal laughter here)

Lord willing and the Saints don't rise that is!
Will

No comments: