Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I guess they have chickens in Florida....

We are all running around like chickens with our heads cut off here, but it's been great. The 50th wedding anniversary party turned out great and I think that they were really happy with the results. We have gone to Wakulla Springs and have seen Alligators in their natural habitat. We even saw a manatee there with her calf as she swam under the boat. I will try to post pictures.

Yesterday was a day for the beach. We went to St. George Island and enjoyed our day on the beach. It was so cool... the weather was perfect...the sun was not too hot and the water was just wonderful. To cap the day off the dolphins came and swam near us twice! There were about 10 of them and we got to see them cavorting in the water. It was about perfect. Throw in feeding a couple thousand sea gulls from our lunch basket and it was a great day.

Today the men are all at the Car Museum and I hope they have a great time! Jessalyn stepped wrong on the boardwalk to the beach yesterday and got a huge sliver in her foot. Last night we could not get it out of her foot. Tonight we will try again. If not, I will call a good friend of ours and have her take it out in her clinic.

Jessalyn and I and whoever else wants to go today will be eating lunch at a great chinese restaurant. We will also be heading to a new Publix grocery store that they have here. Maybe a trip to Bradley's country store too. I hope to spend tomorrow and Thursday in Wakulla County with my Aunt and other friends, looking at old things and parts of my past. We head home on Friday at some point. We're not sure how long it will take us to get home or what route we will be taking to get there.

Everyone have a great day.
dea

No comments: