Friday, July 10, 2009

I'm done with work, but now the work begins?

I finished my last day at the office for a little over 2 weeks. I am ready for a break. It has been an extremely hard week. The stress level was way off the charts. Now it's done. I'm giving up riding in a car all day to "ride in a car all day". Somehow, I won't mind riding all day in the van though, it's mighty comfy. Throw in the new DVD player that we bought (2 kids = 2 DVD players). That will keep the kids happy in the night and when they get tired and don't want to look out the window, although I must say that both kids are very good about watching for things out in the countryside. Jake watches for cars and motorcycles while Jessalyn watches for and counts water towers and horses. I watch for hawks and eagles. Will watches for crazy drivers. It's a good system.

Now that I'm done with work, I can really begin the work at home. Tonight I started packing for real. Tomorrow it's errands, bill paying, shopping for dog and cat food, going to the library for comedy CD's for Will to listen to while we sleep and many other little things. Sunday is potluck and final packing. In there somewhere I need to wash, wax and vacuum the van, clean the house and do paperwork. Prayerfully, it will all get done.

I also need to "wash that gray right out of my hair". I refuse to look like Bea Arthur at the age of 44. I will go gray when the kids are done with school. Most people ask why not, but what they don't realize is that it is not a gradual thing for me like most people. My hair is already gray. Entirely gray. If I let it go naturally there will be no in between. I will go from looking like this to gramma Walton real quick. My mother has been pretty much all gray since her early 30's and she passed it down to me. Of course my choice was my Mom's gray hair and my Dad's fat cheeks OR my Mom's thinner face and my Dad's bald head. I chose to have fat cheeks and my Mom's gray hair. I'm not complaining, but I'm not giving in yet either.

Life goes on here and God continues to bless us. I don't always understand the plan or the system, but truthfully, that's probably for the better.

Time to get back to work. Have a great day.
dea

No comments: