Monday, January 16, 2006

Weather pattern is holding

We are still in the 30's everyday. In fact it was almost 40 yesterday and the kids played outside pretty much all afternoon. In January that is usually impossible. I went out and checked the LP Gas tank yesterday and boy was that a blessing. We had the tank filled towards the beginning of December (well filled means he took it up to 80%). When I went out yesterday and saw that it was still at 60%, I could have danced with glee( I probably would have but there were cars driving by and we must not embarrass ourselves) When it takes $500 to fill a tank, you want it to last a LONG time. Now January is half over, which means that we only have about 2 1/2 months left when the weather might possibly be really cold AND the really cold stuff does not usually come after January.
I have been enjoying planning the garden and getting ready to order new plants for the yard. I really get cabin fever during January and March, so being able to get outside yesterday was a huge blessing. Hopefully, I will be able to get out there more this week too. If I cannot get out at least I can dream with my plant catalogs.
Today is Martin Luther King Day. I have no problem with this holiday, except that no one but the post office seems to be closed. That means that tomorrow is one of the heaviest mail days of the year. I am going to do my route plus help with two other routes. They are still in a mad dash to replace me as a sub. They have to hire two subs to cover all the hours that I worked and are having a hard time doing it. Not many people want to be "on call" 6 days a week. I can safely say I LOVE MY NEW ROUTE! I love having every afternoon off. I love having a schedule. I don't know that I will love the paychecks as much, but it is the price that I am glad to pay to have more time with my family and a set schedule.
I have been having a hard time dealing with some stuff lately in my Christian walk, so pray for me. Growing pains for the most part and that is to be expected. My main difficulty seems to lie in a situation that has come up. There are some individuals that I have in my life that as a Christian, I love. As a person, I really do not like them at all. Therein lies the problem, I love them because Jesus did, he died for them too. I have no qualms about that. I just cannot find it in myself (so far) to like them. I cannot seem to find a common ground with them at all. They don't even see Jesus and worship remotely the same as I do. I am having to struggle with this as they are a part of our community. How do you deal with someone that although I am hoping that they don't do it on purpose, seem to do everything that they can to come against you in almost every conversation and action? If I say red, they say black.....if I say try, they say hold back. I am a very upbeat person for the most part, but they seem to be very unhappy all the time. I am finding this terribly hard to deal with. When they get into their oh woe is me attitudes, I just want to pinch them! Has anyone got any ideas? I am searching and praying. Praying that God will change my heart so that I can get along with them better, praying anything really.......change me, change them, change the situation. Help me, help them, help this situation. It is not fun seeing them and knowing that I am probably wrong in this or at least going about it all wrong, yet not knowing what to do. It's a pretty sticky situation when you would rather not have anything to do with someone and they are right there in the middle of things.
For that matter, answer this question for me.......How do you handle people that take on positions in the church and want to be in on all of the decisions made for and about the church, but only come to church on Sunday mornings for the 1 hour service and not even all the time there? How can they honestly know what is going on in the church and feel comfortable pushing for their way? How do we as a church deal with them holding positions? I am looking for answers and opinions on these things. Email me and let me know.
I know let go and let God. I am trying, but that does not mean that I do not want to change my attitude if I am wrong. It also doesn't help that it seems that one of my gifts that has shown up in the past is discernment of spirit and somehow they make me twinge in my spirit. I am really thrown for a loop here with this thing. HELP!
I know this is going to bring a major discussion with Will and I welcome that as long as it is not at 10:00 pm or after. I think I need to be awake for this one, but I really am seeking the proper way to deal with this.

No comments: