Wednesday, January 24, 2007

20 degrees and bugs everywhere!

The Donaldson house has become "virus central". Jessalyn came home with it and imediately had to share it with her brother. Now they are both extremely ill and miserable. It is like having stereo speakers on either side of me groaning. Thankfully they are both being very good natured about it. Not like when they were little and didn't understand. Back then they just were pitiful. These days they at least try to be helpful by not complaining too much. Now I'm feeling pretty cruddy so I'm hoping that I don't get it. I DO NOT HAVE TIME TO BE SICK!!!!!

Work on the apartment goes on. We are trying our best to get everything done so that we can move Peggy and Amanda in next week, but I don't know. Dealing with the kids has really thrown a monkey wrench into it. I am going to work out there today. The main thing to do now is tape and goop. I have 2 coats on most of the rooms, but need to finish off some. Then the third coat is the final coat and the most fun. It is a decorative technique that I invented by accident and love it. It really makes the walls look like they are the old fashioned plaster from the victorian age. It will fit in with the rest of the house then. After the gooping is done we can work on painting and then the carpet. There will be no doors on the bedrooms when they move in, but that's no big deal. Doors will come. We just need to get them in there and set up. Then we can start organizing schedules etc.
Amanda has a dog named "Tater" who is very cute, very quick and very smart. I'm sure that Sam will love having him around. We just have to work on getting Tater trained to command as he is very lacking in that area. I don't want Sam to "forget" all that he knows, so Tater will have to learn it. Speaking of Sam, he sure is miserable without the kids. He just lays there with them quietly. Of course I take him out to play, but Momma doesn't run like the kids do. I don't think I'm as much fun. I make him do all the work. He sure misses his kids!
Well, time to go and do laundry. We seem to be having lots of it lately. I cannot imagine why. I think that I am going to make a pot of chicken soup today and see if the kids can keep it down.
Have a great day and stay safe!

1 comment:

Clairey said...

aww - poor jake and jessa...

That is cool about the apartment almost being ready! It'll be cool to see it when its all done!

Hope everyone starts to feel better!