Monday, January 01, 2007

2007!

Happy New Year!

Below you will find some random pictures from our Christmas. They will include Deanna's Sister Dana and their Mom and Dad: Dottie and Dave. Of course, Jacob and Jessalyn are featured and you will find one of me. Deanna, somehow managed to evade the camera this year. I'm still not sure how she managed that.

I actually started our new year on a good note. I got up early this morning and took down all of our Christmas lights. I took the ornaments and lights off the Christmas tree and hauled it out to the burn pile. I think this is the first time that our Christmas decorations were put away before Spring.
I did try to get some pics of the Christmas lights on the house but I couldn't get them to come out right. So you will just have to use your imagination but there were more than 15 sets of lights on the house and fence plus eight sets on the Christmas tree.
I think I have found the 2nd most efficient way to store Christmas lights, Shopping bags. small plastic shopping bags. They are cheap, easy to get, and work pretty good. I put each set in its own bag and then all the sets fit in their own box. There is a little untangling when you get them out again but not much. You only have to untangle one set at a time. It works for me but I know everyone has their own technique.
---Oh, the best way to store lights? Don't. Those mini lights are pretty cheap. Especially if you do what Dea and I do. We buy them the week after Christmas. But when you are as stingy a person as I am...
We spent the last couple of weeks turning the Garage into living space and it is coming along nicely. I will try to get a couple of pictures of that too when I get a chance. Until then, May the Lord Bless you with ALL the Fruits and Gifts of His Holy Spirit!
Will.

1 comment:

Will H. Donaldson Family said...

Just a little side note: we buy our lights the week after Christmas for the following year. I mean I'm pretty cheap but I'm not going to wait til after Christmas to decorate! LOL!
Peace!
Will