Sunday, January 14, 2007

working and Working!

Please forgive us. We are SO Very, Very, Busy! I know we should post more and we are working on it. Also, I really want to post more pictures this year. Every one seems to enjoy those most. I'm not sure why, but who am I to argue? I actually took a couple Thursday at Jessa's Musical.

They had kids from the 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades together, doing a sort of "SNow Business" broadway style musical. It was really really cute and I've seen some High school shows that weren't as good. I was impressed. Anyway there are a couple of pics from that but they are still on my camera. When I can get a couple of minutes and some energy I'll post them.

Speaking of Snow business, we are finally getting some. We still arn't too sure how much, but I'll let you know. Right now we just have a "dusting" but it's still coming down and we could get as much as 8 inches or more; probably not, but we could. If we do, then you know I Have To Post pics! I don't know what it is about the snow that makes me love to photograph it so much, but I do.
We have been working really hard in the new apartment -and no I haven't taken any pics of that, but I will! I promise! If the Lord is willing of course!
Dave and I have been working everyday that I have been off of work and the days I've been at work he has been working on it by himself! The walls are up and drywalled and the electrical has been run. Dave installed two of the four electric heaters. We have two small wall mounted units with fans and two baseboard type. The one wall mount is actually for our sunporch, which up until now has been unheated.


Dea is supposed to start "tapin' and goopin' " tonight (thats what she calls spreading joint compound on drywall. It works.) because her dad wants to start hanging cabinets tomorrow.


Let me say a few things about that. The cabinets and the doors and alot of the construction material, is stuff we have literally had lying around. Dave and I have been absolutely marveling at how God has been moving in our lives -literally for years- to provide us with the things we needed to pull this off. It is hard to explain properly in this small place but God has really been opening our eyes to how He has been moving us towards this for such a very long time. There have been a couple of times I've wondered if I was doing the right thing and God was right there to give me peace.

Honestly, we have a couple of great friends with beautiful hearts that have a need for a place to stay. I have space. This isn't genius at work; or rather it is, but it's God's genius, not mine. I simply made the offer and it was like God said YES! yesyesyesyesyesyes! The rewards have been amazing and I am grateful.
Isn't that the way of it? We offer Him our pitiful gifts; mostly worthless when compared to Him, but He accepts it and accepts it with enthusiasm! Our simple little gift is already returning to us pressed down and overflowing. God is Good. All the Time.
You know, as gratefull as I am for the physical blessings He's giving, for me, I treasure the times when he actually lets me "see" His workings. It just doesn't get any better.

Nuff Said for now. May you see His workings in your life More and More Amen!
Will.

No comments: