Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Go Green ! (Not what you think..)

I know that it is Earth Day. Even g**gle talks about it. I believe in conserving what we have for the most part and even do what I can, when I can, but the green I am talking about is spring!! The weather is finally warm enough to have green grass. The trees are turning all sorts of greens and yellows, which is quite appropriate when you are in Packer country. Then you add in a little bit of red as buds come out on some things and that works too because the Wisconsin Badgers have red as one of their colors. I think it works out pretty good, if you ask me.

I have enjoyed standing outside and listening to the frogs sing. There are Canadian geese all over and the Sandhill cranes keep flying over calling to each other. The song birds are back and all around me are signs that spring is here. The only bad thing about it is that some bugs are back too. Yuck.

Jessa leaves Thursday for Washington DC on her safety patrol trip. She is so excited. We have everything ready to pack. We will finish that tomorrow. I don't know if she will sleep tomorrow night or not. I hope that she has a wonderful time.

Saturday night Jacob had his cousin and his friend over. Was that ever funny. Here this big room I have was filled up with bodies all spread out on the floor playing video games. One of the boys actually walks into the kitchen and kisses me on the top of the head and says Good Morning Mom. What a hoot. I'm tall aren't I? I always thought that I was. Now 5'9" is not feeling very tall. Between them and the boats they call shoes, there was not lots of space left over for anything else, but the dog was sure that he would fit in the pile. Of course he did, as he piled right onto the top of all of them. They really had no choice in the matter. He just took up his half out of the middle. Poor Jessa was outnumbered, but she waded right into the fray and watched them play. What a hoot!

Not only am I not feeling as tall as I did before, I now feel much older. Do you realize how old the Indiana Jones movies are? The new one comes out this next month and we are looking forward to it, but I actually had to special order the previous ones for the kids to watch. They had never seen them before. They are over 20 years old! Where does time fly?

Add to that the fact that we are starting to plan a trip for the whole family to take for my parents 50th anniversary. This is in a couple of years, but when you are working with this many different schedules, you have to start early. Anyway, I was born on my parents 4th anniversary. This is really scary stuff here!!!!

How did this happen? I know that it took me 30 years to make it all the way through all of the years of school even though I was 17 when I graduated. Now it's only taken 10 since then, but somehow they just had our 25th class reunion this last summer. Blink and it's gone.

They're even remaking songs that were popular when I was young. I am listening to songs that I know the words to with my kids and they are amazed that I know the song. I had to explain that this is not the first time around for these songs. One of them is the theme from the tv show Miami Vice. That was a long time ago... those are my college years. The babies I took care of while in college are now parents.....oh boy....

Well, time to get ready for bed. I remember the days when I could stay up until 2:00 am and still get up for work the next morning feeling fine. Now I pray that I can stay awake until the kids go to bed. Where did it all go?

On that note, I think I'll go to bed and probably dream about nursing homes for cryin' out loud.
Have a great day. Especially all of you who are older than me!
dea

No comments: