Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I will always remember the April 16th..

...The day I taught my son how to shave.
I was kind; I didn't use a dull ragged razor.
I thought about it, but the truth is even I don't use a razor (blade) myself.
I use an electric razor. I had an extra so I gave it to Jacob.

He may have to eventually move to a regular blade razor though; He actually has thicker facial hair than I do! Really, I only had to shave once every two to three days until I was over 30! I suspect it won't be that long until Jacob has to shave every day.

Jacob is 15 and has needed to shave for over a year now. I've been putting it off, out of pride; I don't think I needed to shave until I was 17 and I wouldn't say I really needed to shave then!

I don't think anyone in my family can grow what would be called a "great" beard and mustache. Usually one or the other but not both. (Some claim they can, but for a GREAT beard I'm thinking of "Grizzly Adams" full and groomed.)

The men in my family all have spots on their faces that the hair just won't grow. I myself, have often said I can grow a great goatee' because all I have to do is stop shaving. Other than a few stragglers nothing grows on the side of my face.

I do have to note here that while I say I grow a great goatee', My wife on the other hand hates it.
See, it's those "bare spots". She can't stand that the hair on my chin doesn't "connect" with the hair on my lip.

The point is moot though.

My wife is ticklish.

Any facial hair on my part causes my wife to bust out laughing when I kiss her.
Not the reaction I'm going for, if you get my meaning...

Anyway, the day after tax returns are due here in the U.S. is the day I will always remember as teaching my son to shave. It really is a milestone as a parent. That kid I often (and lovingly) call a "little twerp" isn't so little anymore. I'm still taller at the moment but not by much. I'm still stronger, but not by much, I'm still... Well, you get the idea. Yeah, this is definitely a good time to put more effort into creating memories for my kids. And us too!

The sun is shining and the temperature is 63 degrees with A LOT OF WIND. Still, it's nice to be outside picking up all the stuff the Wind has blown over (like my fence, sigh). So, I better get to it.

By the way, If ever your curious about the weather in central Wisconsin don't forget we have the link on the lower right that is set up for the weather forecast for Warrens. Oh, and Hey! I installed some counters the other day instead of a new address book. (just comment in the cbox marked address book to let us know you were here!) Let me know what you think!

Numbers 6:24
Will.

No comments: