Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Feeling Overwhelmed? Start Counting...

...Your Blessings!

Thank You Lord that I have not one but two bathrooms to repair. I know there are some who have no bathrooms. They would love the opportunity to rip out the wall to replace a leaky drain and trap. These same people (having been one myself) would count me blessed indeed to have a Master bath that needs the floor replaced before the toilet falls through it. Thank you that I have the health and ability to do it. Please continue to supply the funds.

Thank You Lord for a the Leaky roof that has caused much of this damage. It is SO much better than no roof at all. I am, -without sarcasm in any way-, very grateful that my septic system which has become in need of repair, still in fact works; for now. I appreciate and give thanks for the plan you have helped us to come up with to battle these things. I gratefully accept any modifications in that plan that You deem necessary.

I so very appreciate this home that shelters my family and provides me with so many lessons and opportunities. I also appreciate Knowing that I have only a very limited time to repair my fence before it falls down and becomes a total loss. I am comforted by the knowledge that if I am able to save the fence, I can use the very same stain and water proofer that I desperately need on my house. That will save me a lot.
Thank you.
Again, I am grateful that you have shown me that I need to stain the fence and the house before I replace the soffet and fascia that I so carefully hand carved years ago and is now literally in pieces that are warped, rotted and falling down. I am comforted to know that as usual You will be there and be full of patience when I am not. I am grateful for a loving Father that I can ask to protect me and guide me as I attempt to get these things accomplished before winter comes again.
By the way, It was nice that I was saved the chore of putting my Christmas lights away. The ice dams the ripped them to shreds made putting them in the trash so much easier.
You Lord are faithful even in the little things.
The dog's kennel is in desperate need of attention yet still functions to keep the wonderful companions you have given us safe.

Thank you again for the wonderful way you have supplied our needs including the bathroom fixtures I have already replaced (honestly, they were given to us!) and at the same time supplied free-of-charge, like-new carpeting for me to install in the one room with the most furniture and stacks of "stuff" to move and that has needed organizing for so very long.
It will now force us to accomplish that organizing before the carpet (which is in Granpa's shed) gets ruined.
Please continue to grant us Your wisdom as we attempt the tasks you have given.

I also am very grateful that just maybe my beloved Niece who I have missed so very much may actually come to visit us this month; sometime;
maybe.

Even though I do not have the home and property (that you gave me!) in a state or condition that I would desire for her arrival, I do pray it may happen and be a blessing for us all. Even if it isn't possible after all, Thank you Lord for the warm feeling it has given just thinking about a hug from her after all these years! SERIOUSLY!

I am so grateful for my Family that I Love so much and have here with me, that even though some of the above sounds like sarcasm, ALL of it is said with a smile on my face as I am even grateful for the sense of Humor that You have given me, that lets me smile when the rest of the world would be pulling out their hair.
Oh, yeah, Thank You Lord that I still have hair!
Will

No comments: