Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Work....work...Do you love me?

Now that I can dance? I don't know why that dumb song came into my mind when I was thinking about what is going on around here, but it did. Now I'll probably be singing it all day. It could be that for the first time in months, I have actually had a productive day or two.

Of course the "stupid things happen to me rule" still seems to be in effect. Starting with Friday. I took the day off to try to get something accomplished. It went like this.....

7:30 am - I try to start the lawnmower.....batteries dead.
Hook up the charger.
7:40 am - I try to start the weedeater and the trigger breaks off in my hand.

I have now been trying to work for a whole 10 minutes and have managed to break 2 pieces of equipment. This is going really well so far. SO....I decide that I'm going to take care of this problem right now. I got my junk together and headed to Wally World to purchase a new battery and a new weed eater. Then I ran errands. By 10:30 I had traveled 80 miles, had fixed the lawnmower and had the new weed eater going.

Vicki and Curt came over to help and we started in. Peggy that lives with us had gone out of town and Amanda was at work. I had set it up with them that this would be the perfect time to start texturing and painting in their apartment. So we started in there, but since most of it was ceiling, we had to do that part in small sections and then let the blood flow back into our arms. By the end of the day, we had finished a third of the apartment, mowed the yard, weed eatered the yard and painted the picnic table.

After Will got home, we all sat around a campfire roasting hot dogs and marshmallows. Fun times. It felt nice to get something done. Saturday afternoon and evening was spent working on Jessalyn's "Independence Hall" project. Oh joy.

Sunday was church and then Jessa had a birthday party. Jacob rode his bike into church and then home afterwards. When Jessa and I got home he already had the frozen pizzas in the oven. Then I took Jessa to her party while Jake's friend Luke came and picked him up for the afternoon. Then it was back to work on apartment for me. Where the stupid things rule came into play again.

Let's just say that I cannot fly. I bounce very well, off the wall and then off of the floor as I fall off of a ladder/chair. Not good. My head is still sore and a little swimmy, and where I landed on the floor on the base of my spine is very sore. It probably would not be that sore, but I had surgery there years ago and there is no flesh between my spine and skin. Pretty easily damaged. I have to keep working, because sitting down and laying down are pretty painful. I called into work yesterday and today. Somehow riding around in a bouncy jeep does'nt sound like fun. Maybe tomorrow.

All in All it was a pretty productive time with Curt and Vicki's help. We managed to get the apartment done, part of the house stained, the picnic table painted, 2 flower beds weeded and planted and also finished Jessalyn's project and got it to school. Now if I could have another week or two like that, life would be good. Even if I do have to put up with the stupid things rule.

Don't know what I'll do today to keep moving, so that I don't stiffen up, but there's plenty to chose from. Will is helping Dad this morning to move some stuff. Then I hope to get him to "till" the rest of the garden. I have 25 tomato plants and 20 green pepper plants to get in, as well as the usual green beans, wax beans, peas, carrots, squash, melons, etc. I'm praying for a productive garden this year to share with family and friends. Sure helps on the food bill. We are already picking rhubarb and freezing it as well as eating it. I am going to try making rhubarb jam, and some other mixes like rhubarb strawberry etc. Look for a rhubarb cake recipe on my Dea's corner blog. If you have any good rhubarb recipe let me know. I love recipes. I collect them.

Will has a week off starting Friday. I hope he's ready for my "honey-do" list. I've been working on it for quite awhile. For every one thing we take off I seem to have to add 3 or 4 more. No more sightings of the bear, but I'm not so sure that he isn't still around.

Lilacs are starting to bloom around here. Beautiful, beautiful smell. I wish I could put it on the blog for you. I just love stopping at a mail box that is surrounded by lilacs. Makes you pause a minute and enjoy.

Well, dishes await me and I suppose that the laundry does too. Oh well, as Will would say, Thank you God that I have dishes and that we have so many clothes. We are truly blessed. This last weekend I have realized that we are truly blessed with great friends. I don't know that I have ever met more helpful people than Curt and Vicki. No matter what, no matter when, they are right there for us. We love them for it too. I hope you all have people in your life like them. Whatever you need, no questions asked. What an example to live up to.

God Bless,
dea

No comments: