Friday, April 10, 2009

Happy as a clam in the mud...

Well, I was sitting in the dirt...Spring is finally here. The crocus's are blooming. The earth is warming and I finally got to do one of my favorite things. I wait all winter for that first chance to sit down on the ground in my flower garden and weed around the bulbs that are coming up. I just love sitting there in the sunshine, letting the dirt sift through my fingers while I erase last year's leftovers with the hope of this new spring and all it's glory....

Now I've started into spring mode and I'm a happy about it. I could dance, except that I have two left feet, but inside I'm doing a happy dance.

Went yesterday to practice with one group I'm playing for tonight at the Good Friday service and tonight I practice with 2 that I'm singing with. My Uncle Ken is back in town, so New Journey can start singing again EXCEPT that my Aunt Marjorie has pneumonia, so we are without a piano player. We are scheduled to sing tonight and then again tomorrow at the local community Easter breakfast. So we are going to sing it "Accapolco". Should be interesting.

My youth group built a cross and painted a sign that says "Jesus died for your sins, but the tomb is empty" (answers inside). We put it up in front of the church last night. I figure if you can have a Christmas tree you can have an Easter tree and I know which one I think is more important.

Final thought for today...... read through what Jesus said from the cross today and really think about it. Even in "dying" he taught us how to "live".

Have a great day.
dea

No comments: