Thursday, April 02, 2009

Congratulations Jessalyn!!!!

For the second time in a row.....Jessalyn made the Regional's in the "Spelling Bee". We are so proud of her. Last year she made it to the final 3. I don't care where she ends up this year, I'm just sooooo proud of her. It takes a lot for that shy little girl to stand up in front of all of those people and be the center of attention.... while people wait for you to goof up.

Had an interesting youth group class. We discussed the death of Jesus and what he actually said from the cross. It was neat to see some of the ideas dawn on them. I walked in to a mutiny though. I had left a couple of pizza's in the freezer there for emergencies. They talked me into getting out the pizza cooker (one of those spinning things) and we cooked pizza and they ate while they listened AND talked. We cannot get through a lesson without quite a few side notes and unrelated questions. I guess I should be glad that they feel comfortable enough to talk like that and not just sit there like lumps, BUT sometimes it makes it hard for this "age challenged" person to keep her thoughts together when I am trying to make a point and keep getting interrupted.

The car started having issues on the route the other day. It was actually funny, but Yes, the stupid things rule did happen again. I was out on the route in the rain, when the windshield wiper on the driver's side started dying. It was quite comical it started acting like it had directional issues and flopped around for a bit, crossing swords with the other wiper and acting really strange. It died a slow flopping death there on the windshield. I should have hummed taps or something. I had to drive around the rest of the route with one wiper. Thankfully, I was driving from the passenger's seat and the wiper on that side worked fine. It was a little strange only having one, but I kept going and made it through. God fixed the rain while I was on the route and I drove home not needing a wiper.

Yesterday I started having vibrations and the brake light started showing. Poor thing. My car had forgotten what it was like to be on a mail route. Time for an overhaul. It's in the shop and they have a list of things to fix. They gave me a loaner to use on the route until then.

Today is the last day of school for the kids before Easter break. They are excited. I just wish the weather would straighten up. I have hopes of going back out for wood a couple of times this next week. My goal is to have all of our wood done by the end of May for the most part. That way it can dry all summer baking in the sun. With two fireplaces and hopefully a wood stove next year you can go through lots of wood. We are allowed by the state forest to get 10 cord, which would be a pile 40 feet wide X 4 feet tall and 80 feet long.( or would it be 40X40X80? My brain is fried) Pretty big, either way.

Well, I need to get going.. housework calls before work. Will and I are also working on a list of things that need to get done around the house and each is marked with supplies needed to complete it and whether or not we have the supplies. We are trying to have a system. The "Honey Do This" jar theory will not work, because we don't have a jar big enough. I hope to have it done all the way soon, so that we can start in earnest on it as soon as the weather turns (we still have snow on the ground and flakes falling daily).

March came in like a lion and went out like a lion. There's something wrong with that. Maybe that will mean that April is going to be a great month????? Hey, I can hope can't I??

Have a great day!
dea

No comments: