Monday, April 06, 2009

I'm really glad that God has a plan..

I mentioned that my windshield wiper quit. Well, other things needed working on, but they were just minor things like the windshield washer fluid would not squirt on one side because the little hose broke. Things like that. Up until the last 3 weeks on the route my brakes were fine. After going on the route they needed replacing. There had been a whine when we drove and it sounded like the power steering pump. I had replaced it once before and it had made the same sound. I took it in and had them look at it and see what needed to be done. Oh yeah, Wednesday afternoon it developed a vibration....on the mail route you go through bearings often because you drive through so much crud on the side of the road, snow, mud etc. It usually is the right hand bearings you have to replace. It's one of those "givens" like brakes are.
Took the car in.....tahdah!!!!! $800-$1000. OUCH. So I'm back to the one step forward 4 steps back financially. BUT God has a plan. I can prove it.

Last August a friend of mine was working out at the local military base rebuilding some of the officers quarters. They were getting rid of fridge's. Only a couple of years old and they were selling them for $50. I ordered one for me and we ordered one for Cranfest. They delivered both to Cranfest and we used them there because I did not need one yet and we needed it there for volunteer food etc. It's still there because I was not ready to move it into the apartment yet.

Well, after getting a head's up on the car bill....Sunday morning I wake up to a dead refrigerator. I mean dead, dead, dead. Everything is thawing or has thawed. I put the perishables into an ice cooler, transferred the frozen stuff to the freezer in the garage and refused to be bummed or panicked. I went to church and told them that we are to praise God in everything....so I'm praising him for a huge car bill and a broken fridge. Came home and remembered that we already have another fridge to replace it for now.

Then my friend Vicki called relatives and found out they were taking a load to the junk yard today. They were looking for one more broken/dead fridge to fill up the last space on the trailer they were pulling. They came yesterday afternoon and picked up the fridge. Today we pick up the other one from Cranfest. God had a plan....even back in September/August and he also knew that they were going to need that one last dead fridge.

On a better note Mom, Jessa and I left Friday afternoon to go to Rockford for my cousin Dan and his new wife Becca's wedding. It was beautiful. It was very nice and we had a great time. They all partied long after we left. I get up so early that 9:00 feels like midnight. We lasted as long as we could and then left to go to our hotel, which was on the other side of town. Good time there too. Got up the next morning and went to Cr*acker Barrel. Jessa had pancakes with cherries. Wow. She ate it all, but boy what a huge platter of pancakes, fresh cherry topping and whipped cream. She loves cherries and enjoyed every bite. A quick trip to Sam's club and then a longer trip to the Penney's outlet store. I could spend many hours there.

We hurried home about noon because they had forcast a huge snow storm for here. Again, God is good and it snowed for a couple of hours but nothing stayed on the ground. 50 degree weather is supposed to start again on Wednesday and I'm starting work on my flower gardens. I planted seeds last week for my veggie garden and they are starting to come up. I'll plant more this evening I hope.

Well, I'm off to work. Have a great day.
dea

No comments: