Thursday, April 30, 2009

We Did It.


(From Will)

We bought a new mini-van. After paying a small fortune to repair Deanna's car and then a slightly smaller fortune to fix my truck only to discover that Deanna's car is broke again, we had to face facts and buy something more dependable.

The D@dge Carav@n. It's an '08 model with the fold away seats, dual air and remote start. I said "new" but of course it's really "used". It has 24 thousand miles on it and already has a few scratches so I don't have to worry about that "first scratch". We weren't able to jump through all the hoops they wanted in order to get the 0% financing on a "new" van so I told them to forget it, this one is good enough and we really did our research and paid a decent price for it.

There were two reasons we considered brand "new" over "used". One was the zero percent financing, the other was the "life-time" warranty available with a new vehicle. Our not being able to purchase new meant we couldn't have the lifetime warranty. We were however able to purchase a six year, 100,000 mile warranty; which made us feel a whole lot better about going into debt. The U.S. government has agreed to cover the warranty should the manufacturer go bankrupt and I've never bought a car warranty that didn't pay for itself. So again, I was much relieved by that addition.
Still, I would love all of your prayers that the Lord blesses this van with the most dependability and lowest cost of ownership okay? Amen!

The above picture is just one I pulled off of the internet. The one we bought looks exactly like it: A silver van that needs...something. I'm going to have to customize it someway that is both taste-full and subtle. I don't what or how yet but I can't stand the way it's so...anonymous. It just needs something that will make it easier to spot in a parking lot or so family and friends will know it really is us when they see a silver van. If you have any ideas we would love to hear or see 'em! Just remember the words taste-full and subtle; even classy okay?

The sad thing about all of this is we still have to replace Deanna's car. She can't use the van for work....

Well, because we haven't spent enough money yet to jump start the worlds economy - I know- it seems like I have- I now have to take Jacob to the eye quack..uh I mean doctor and see what's up with him. The other night he woke up and his eye was hurting. By morning, it was swollen shut. So we're off to jump start the economy! Woo Hoo!

Will



No comments: