Friday, April 17, 2009

The things a husband goes through...

My poor hubby is the best. I'm am a "spring freak". I just love spring. I love watching the earth come alive after it's winter slumber. I love the smell of the ground baking in the sun. I love how tree branches turn different colors as the leaves get ready to form. Suddenly the whole forest is alive in reds, yellows and greens; without any leaves to show for it. I love watching the pussy willows come out. The return of birds makes my morning. I am known for making the kids stop their noise as we wait for the bus so that we can hear some new bird sound. I have been known to stop in my tracks to watch Canadian geese or Tundra swans fly overhead. I will stop on the road when no cars are coming to count Sand Hill Cranes, Whooping cranes and deer. I pull over and watch red winged black birds as they sway in the breeze clinging to cat tail reeds.
I love spring.

MY FAVORITE THING IS....the singing of the frogs at night. I often stop my car in the evening when no one else is on the road and open all the car windows and just listen. Wednesday night was the first night the frogs sang. I stopped Will's truck as Jake and I came home from church and made my son listen. You could tell he was thrilled. We came in and I asked my hubby if he would go with me to listen to the frogs again. He very graciously said yes and we tramped to the car (the dog came too). Sam (dog) sat in the back seat with his nose stuck out the window....sniffing his rhythm sniff, sniff, sniff, sniff, exhale. It's always the same 4 sniffs and an exhale. We laughed all the way to the frogs and then we got there and I rolled the windows down to listen and it was glorious. Even the dog was quiet and listened. Not one sniff. We listened as long as we could then turned toward home. I could tell that Will was not thrilled, but he came anyway. He didn't have to and I told him not to if he didn't want to, but he did it anyway. What a good guy.

I head out to work today for the last mail day of the week for me. You know it surprises me how easy it is to get used to having weekends off. I really enjoy it. It sure takes the pressure off of me when I do not have to work Saturday. So much stuff gets done then and I don't have to try to fit it into the rest of the week. I've started spring cleaning and I'm sure that my children are doing their best to stay out of my way (although they just might be trying to stay out of my sight so they don't get asked to do something.)

Well time to leave for work. Jake's going with me to go and spend the day with his girl. They spend the day together every once in a while. Her family likes him and that's a great plus. Who would have ever thought I would have a 16 year old?

Have a great day.
dea

No comments: