Wednesday, April 22, 2009

We're so proud of our speller!

Jessa didn't make it to the final four this year, but she made it a good ways into the competition until she was downed by a word. She spelled the word right, but it was the wrong word. Misleading sentence to explain the word in her case. The word was "counsel" but the sentence they used made her think the word was "council", so she spelled "council". Frustrating for her and especially frustrating for me. I knew what she thought as soon as she thought it and there was no correcting it. Her face just fell when she knew she had spelled the word she spelled right, but they said it was wrong. It's hard to get out on a rightly spelled word. She did really well though and didn't cry. I almost did.

Will and I went with my parents and my Aunt to Olive Garden afterwards for lunch. Jessalyn went to Culver's for lunch and icecream with the rest of her schoolmates and one of her favorite teachers. She'd rather have icecream than about anything....something she has in common with both of her grandmothers. Anyway, we had a wonderful time in the restaurant talking about the government and what Glenn Beck had said recently. The people behind us were listening to us talk and every once in awhile I'd hear the woman say "did you know that?" or "I didn't know that". Too funny. It was a great lunch time.

Well, we went and looked at cars again. We have pretty much decided to go ahead and order my right hand drive jeep right away (depending on financing and rates). With my route being about 1/2 hills (big, steep hills) we have decided a right hand drive 4 wheel drive is the way to go. I need the 4X4 in the winter and the right hand helps for obvious reasons. We have also decided to bite the bullet and buy a minivan, if we can find the right one for the right price. The cars are at the point that they are costing more and more to fix. For what I have spent on my car and adding in the tires that I need to get, I could have made payments for about 6 or 7 months on my jeep. Now we're looking at lots of work on Will's truck. It's hard to know what to do. We've been without car payments for about 4 years now and going back into payments is very, very scary and somewhat depressing. We need wisdom Lord, bunches and bunches of wisdom.

Jessalyn's room is painted. This afternoon I plan on vacuuming the carpet and steam cleaning it before putting her furniture back in. I have one more thing to paint in there and that's her desk/cabinet. Right now it's this strange peach color and that really is not a good color for the 2 tone purple room. I hope to have everything back in there by tomorrow night so that I can start on another project on Friday. This weekend is also the time to plow my garden. I'm excited!

Well, time to get the kids off to school and then head out to work. Everyone have a great day!
dea

No comments: