Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Honor and Glory!

No this is not a patriotic themed entry. Yesterday while I was on the mail route, I discovered the nest of the 2 bald eagles that are always around when I'm in a certain area. I have named them Honor and Glory. I previously had named them Honor and Regal, but Will said that Regal Eagle was a silly name. So, her name is Glory now. I have enjoyed watching them over the last 3 months. In fact they had just started showing up around there when I was a sub on this route 3 years ago, so it's great that they decided to stick around. I really, really love eagles, so this has been a blessing for me each day. When you drive the same route daily for 4 hours, you start noticing things and how they change daily.

So, I came home from work yesterday and we all worked around the house. When we were all pretty worn out, I told Will and Jessa to jump in the van and I would take them to see a surprise. I had been wanting to show them the area that my route is in, because it's one of the most beautiful around. We took the binoculars and headed out. They could see the nest, but the eagles were inside it and it's huge and deep so you could see nothing but one of their heads in the shadows. Still it was neat just seeing the nest and I'm sure we will be back to see it again.

The call is for rain today, so I'm not sure what's in the plans. I don't really enjoy having the water run down my arm into my shirt as I am on the route with that arm out the window, but I would much rather have rain than snow. I do know that I have to stop and get lids for jam/jelly jars. Rhubarb is calling my name.

Have a great day!
dea

No comments: