Friday, June 05, 2009

So close but yet so far...

We are winding down to the last days of school before summer. Jake and Jessa wish that today was the last day, but it is dragging on. We have to go extra long because of snow days taken this last winter. Of course the kids loved having snow days, but now they are saying "it's not fair". You know how it is.

We are working together as a team to get the yard into shape and really try to get it as maintenance free as possible. I have been replanting hosta's (boy they don't like to separate into smaller clumps), moving flowers and dirt etc. I feel like the weed eater has become a permanent extension of my hand. I hope to replant ferns around the entire outside of our courtyards to save myself at least that much weed eating. Thankfully my Aunt's woods hold many, many types of ferns and I can dig them for "free".

Jessalyn tried out for "Advanced show choir" the other day and made it. She is really excited. They start practicing on July 27th to get ready with a routine in time for Cranfest. She is really looking forward to it.

Jacob is in concert choir this next year. He gets to wear a robe and everything. I think the best thing for him is that he will be in the class with his girlfriend too, but I know that he really loves the music. He loves music and loves to sing. In the last year his voice "ear" has really perked up. He is maturing and his voice has finally decided to settle down and stay in one place. He does a great job.

Will the tomato (sunburned) is finally getting better. I felt so sorry for him, but when you are that sunburned, there is not much you can do. I finally bought him some aloe with lidocaine in it. That about froze him, but it really did the trick. Now the secret will be to keep him from getting more sunburned this weekend. He's losing weight too and wearing skinnier clothes. I'm really, really proud of him. He works so hard. It's nice to see good things happen.

As for me...I'm about 90% better now that I have started on this new medicine. It is designed especially for me from a pharmacy in Madison. They took blood almost a month ago and finally got the results yesterday. Really in depth stuff. The thyroid is good. Even my cholesterol was fine (who would have thought that?) My hormones due to the surgery years ago were the worst that the doctor had ever seen. She said that she was surprised I was still walking. (sometimes I wondered the same thing. I had no energy). It's nice to know that all of the junk that was happening to me was real. They put me on a generic medicine to start out with and that helped so much with energy and the weight is really dropping now. She changed everything yesterday and told me that the weight should really be changing now and also my energy will be greater. WOW! I feel like I've won the lottery! To go from feeling like a wet dish rag (an old smelly one) to being this energetic and it's only going to get better? Praise the Lord!!!!

(Before anyone tells me that the all natural way is better, I tried it. Didn't work. I had no choice but to just hide in a hole and never move again or try this therapy. I prayed about it and I am perfectly comfortable with taking the hormones.)

We are working on having a garage sale on the 4th with my parents and others. It should be great. I already have about 5 garbage bags full of stuff to take to it and am working on getting more together. I am trying to become clutter free. I doubt it will happen, but I can at least strive to have less stuff. There is no way I will ever be a "minimalist", but I can keep from being a "maximalist". Here's to this weekend and all of it's possibilities!

Have a great day!
dea

No comments: