Sunday, February 04, 2007

Brrrrrrrr........

It's freezing here! Literally! The temps were down to about -20 last night and seem to be staying at zero or below today. Wind chills are in the -30's and -40's from this last Thursday until Tuesday. I am not pleased, but if we have to have winter I guess it's ok to pile it all into one week and be done with it. We have been so blessed since October with warmer weather and no snow to speak of until January. Even the cold did not really start until last week. Of course this is rather on the cold, cold side, but they are saying that it will be over by this next weekend. I just pray we get through it. Some friends of ours have frozen pipes, but thank God we are all fine and warm.
Life goes on here at the Donaldson house. Everyone is healthy and for the most part happy. There are little ups and downs but life is good. Friday was the 17th anniversary of Will's marriage proposal. He asked me again and I said yes. It has been a short 17 years. Although we are now getting to that "old married couple" stage. We can get ready at seperate times and not know what the other is wearing and when we finally see each other we match. Silly.
We cooked brats and hotdogs over the fireplace for our "not watching the superbowl" party. We usually don't watch the football and just concentrate on eating.......
The furnace did not work at church this morning. When we arrived it was 34 upstairs, but a high 48 downstairs. We got the furnace started. Turned on all four ovens in the kitchen and had church downstairs. Thankfully, an electric keyboard is stored at the church so we brought that down and used it. It was a great service. Even as cold as it is we had 22 people show up. Not too bad for a church that many of it's members went south for the winter. It was kind of special to partake of communion down there in that small intimate group.
Tomorrow it's back to work for Will and I. They might call school because of the wind chills, but I don't know. I am wearing my snow mobile suit and mask to deliver the mail. I have 147 boxes that I have to stand outside and poke the mail into the large gray-green cluster boxes. Pretty cold.....
Amanda and Peggy are moved in. Not unpacked, but moved in. I'm glad. We were not all the way finished with the apartment, but enough that deadlines are no longer hanging over our heads. We can now work on it as we find time and as the weather cooperates. It will get done soon, I'm sure. At least they now have a place to live and Andy can finish working on his house that they were living in. All things work together for good....
Not much else going on except keeping warm. Hope you all are healthy and warm too.
God bless.

1 comment:

LOUD? said...

I can't imagine it!

We had our airconditioner on full ball the entire night last night, and still couldn't sleep it is so hot here!

I bet the novelty of snow will wear off for Claire soon lol.

I'd send some of the heat if I could :)