Friday, December 28, 2007

I told you so....

We have long ago established the "stupid things rule" concerning me. Now my hubby is finally a believer (I think). We got the estimate on the car on Wednesday.....tah dah......$2500.00. How many people do you know that can get run over by the snow plow? Poor guy. He felt so bad and it really was not a big deal. You see he didn't know anything about the rule. It wasn't so much that he hit us as it was that I was in the car.....that stupid things stuff.
Now we are wondering what to do about the whole situation. Some of the electronics in the car were shaken up and need help. Now we are on alert watching to make sure other electronics don't go whacky. Just what I need..a car trying to have a brain freeze.
They are calling for more snow today. Oh joy.. At least the total is down to 1-3 inches instead of the 12 they predicted would come. I am going to try to go in a little early to the office today. I think I'd better get a head start SINCE the stupid things rule applied to my "jeep" yesterday and it died a very dramatic death at the gas station. My water pump went out, so I had to go through the whole engine dancing and banging and then spewing green antifreeze all over everywhere. Thankfully, our maintenance man came and took over. He handled the clean up and I went on my way in the piece of junk extra jeep. Bad breaks, no horn and no heater.....Yuck. Just what I need in the snow.
Jessalyn got a sewing machine for Christmas. Gramma came out yesterday and they started learning about the machine. Then she helped Jessa make 4 or 5 pillows for her bed. Talk about an excited girl. When she opened that present, she screamed. You see she is always designing clothes and loves to watch the style channel. She loves clothes. Now she can start to learn how to make her own clothes and design her own clothes. She is really excited. Add to that the portable DVD player that we bought along with Will's parents and you have a happy kid.
Now Jacob....he's floored with his present and I mean floored. He sits on the floor and plays his new XBOX 360. He worked with my Dad all summer to help earn the money for the game, an extra controller and a special game that he wanted. Will and I along with both sets of grandparents picked up the rest and he got it for Christmas. He thought he was going to have to wait until he earned the remainder of the money. Happy kid. He is thrilled beyond belief and knows that his hard work earned part of it.
As we mentioned before Will got a compressor and some other odds and ends that I found during the year.
My sneaky husband, saw me admire an eagle statue that lights up at the mall. He told me he had to go to the bathroom and went back and bought it. He then hid it under his coat that he had thrown back over his shoulder. He hid it the whole rest of the trip and gave it to me on Christmas morning. See why I love him? He wasn't supposed to get me anything.... my gift was supposed to be the trip to my Aunt's funeral. I'm telling you , you have to watch him.... he's sneaky.
We only had about 28 people here for Christmas Eve. It was kind of quiet. It made it very homey and even intimate if you want to call it that. It was nice. Lots of food and we are still working on some of the leftovers. Anyone want some buffalo chicken dip or some green olive tapenade? What about some mushroom bruschetta?
Well, time to get busy. Have a wonderful day.
Happy New Year!
dea

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll take the mushroom what-you-said please. I love it. Gee deanna , it's a shame that it won't light up any where else. Especially at home. love, and so glad that you had a great Christmas. Mom D.