Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Sorry! I know! I know!

It's getting to be way too long between posts. I do apologize for that. Dea is on her way back from Pensacola. Her Aunt Ruth passed and Dea went to attend the services. Ruth was a very fine Lady and she will be missed, but we look forward to seeing her with Jesus. As always, knowing your loved ones are saved is a great comfort.

With Dea gone, that leaves me alone with the kids.
Poor kids.

See, Daddy's a meanie. He's not nice like their Momma.
I have no problem with making them help me with whatever I'm doing. Worse, I actually EXPECT them to clean up after themselves!
Oh the Humanity!
Do you know there have actually been many occasions where I have sat in "my chair" watching TV while simultaneously issuing orders to the two children? You! pick that up! You put that stuff away! When you are done with that, sort that stuff out! etc etc etc.

It's quite enjoyable really. You should try it.

I've actually cleaned the whole house that way. Now I sort the kids by rooms: Jacob you clean the dining room. Jessa you get the family room. Go!

See, I told you Daddy's a meanie. Ironically, the kids haven't died. in fact they appear to be happy (when I'm not giving them orders).

Who would have thought?

In fact, I have to be honest. They have really been quite good at "stepping up" to help out while Mom is gone. I might have to take them to the doctors though, They haven't even fought with each other in the last two days. Of course, they could be hiding that fact from me. Either way, I haven't been bothered with it, which is really all I want. (insert cruel chuckle here) Truthfully I'm quite proud of them. For the most part they have taken care of themselves for two days and not trashed the house while doing it. See, being mean isn't just fun, it's effective! (yeah, I know. They are just good kids but I can't help trying to take the credit)

All of this is just a way of trying to say that we have been really busy and to hopefully offer a slightly entertaining apology.

Also, because I'm not just a mean ol daddy, I'm also a mean ol' husband; I will inform Dea to post about this week when she gets back (hopefully this evening -depending on the weather.) She had a few real heart warming moments while she was gone and I hope she will tell you the words to the song her Dad sang. Bring tissues.

May you remember the reason for the season...All year long.

The Big Meanie,
Will

No comments: