Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Some meaningful words...

No I'm not talking about anything that I write. These are the words to the song that my father (the best voice in the world in my opinion) sang at my Aunt Ruth's funeral. She had picked it out years ago and some friends scrambled to find it. Pop learned it in a day and sang it. BEAUTIFUL!!
I have no idea how he did it. Everyone was crying.

Finally Home by L.E. Singer

When engulfed by the terror of the tempestuous sea,
Unknown waves before you roll;
At the end of doubt and peril is eternity,
Though fear and conflict seize your soul.

But just think of stepping on shore-And finding it Heaven!
Of touching a hand-And finding it God's!
Of breathing new air-And finding it celestial!
Of waking up in glory-And finding it home!

When surrounded by the blackness of the darkest night,
O how lonely death can be;
At the end of this long tunnel is a shining light,
For death is swallowed up in victory!

But just think of stepping on shore-And finding it Heaven!
Of touching a hand-And finding it God's!
Of breathing new air-And finding it celestial!
Of waking up in glory-And finding it home!
Finally home.

What a message. The music is very simple, so you really hear the words. What a blessing at a funeral. It puts joy right into your heart, because it puts things in the proper perspective.
Well, that's it in a nut shell. I'm home today, cleaning and baking before I head for the Doc's to have him tell me my foot is still messed up. I think I can figure that out all by myself without the $80 bill.

Yahoo! Onto the next chapter of a week in the life of us.....
dea

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that song. I don't know who did it or wrote it but it is great. Did Gather and friends do it??? I think so. Thanks for giving us the words. I never really knew all the verses. It would be a good one for you to do too. But I would have to take a BIGGG handkerchief.