Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Snow, ice and did I mention snow?

I snowed 8 inches on Saturday, and then rained on top of the snow on Saturday night. Guess what that made? Yep you guessed it ICE. Almost 2 inches in some places. Now that people were finally chopping their way out of the ice, it decided to snow again last night to the tune of 6 inches. Ok. We shoveled. It was really light snow, so it wasn't hard. I will finish up today in the daylight.

Guess what they are forcasting for Thursday? Another 4 inches. Then come Saturday and Sunday, we're supposed to start all over again with another 6 inches or more. I guess that we can count on a white Christmas.

Our friends Seth and Claire plow snow for cellular phone towers as a winter enterprise. I bet they are racking up the miles now. So at least the snow is good for their part of it. After this weekend's snow gets cleared, I hope to get Seth to come and plow our driveway. He usually piles all the snow in the middle of our field for the kids to use as a sled run. They just love to see him coming.

Our dog Sam is having some trouble with the ice. He loves the snow and wants to run and play in it, but he has a previous injury from before we got him. It causes him some pain in his leg/hip area. We usually watch the jumping etc with him. Now he is doing that run over the ice and then fall through with one leg or two then plunge on ahead. It really messed up his leg the first night. I went out with Will's big boots on and crunched down a large area of snow for him to run in. The things I won't do for my family or my dog..... or anyone else for that matter.

Now that I am back in regular shoes without all of the tape, I am able to get around. Now if the ice will get better so my foot doesn't hurt at night, I should be able to get my life back in order. Christmas is coming and we have lots and lots to do.

For those interested parties, Will did sort his 3 boxes of stuff. I am very proud of him. He was quite industrious on Monday and Tuesday. Now if we could all get ambitious at the same time, we could really accomplish something.

Jessalyn has a skating birthday party on Friday night. Will has an auction to go to on Saturday for a friend of ours who is moving. I will have to give him my list of stuff to bid on. I hope to start baking this next Friday or Saturday.

Well have a good day. I need to go and shovel some more. Oh joy.....
dea

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

Skating?? I wanna go. Oh wait... ice or roller? I don't ice skate very well