Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I think my arm is falling off

Actually, it might feel better if it did. I am not really complaining because a little tyl*nol and I'm better. You see Monday I had one of the most productive days I've had in years. Everything just seemed to go great. By 10:00 I had accomplished some of the stuff I'd been trying to get done for a long time. I had the day off so I could get started on stuff as soon as the kids got on the bus at 6:20 am. I was ready to go. I would say and then I was off and running but it seems that I'm always running and my hubby tells me I'm a little "off" most of the time.
Everything went really well and just when I was feeling like I needed a break here came my friends Vicki and Judy. They were ready to go to work. What a blessing! They helped me unstack a wood pile and then restack it. You see we have a wood room and the wood in it is very dry, but the wood outside is still wet from being in the weather. We took the dry out, brought the wet in and then restacked the dry on top of the wet. It would have taken me forever by myself, but with their help it went really fast. I think it only took us about 2 hours. What a day! Bunches of stuff done and it's only lunch time.
We came in and ate and then worked some more around the house. I have really, really great friends in them and they love to work. They enjoy helping others and I enjoy being helped. We laugh quite a bit and that's fun.
They had to head out so I kept going and kept working until it was time to get ready for our Cranfest meeting.

The meeting started at 6:00 pm and I finally got home around 10:40 pm. It was a long meeting, but we got lots of stuff ironed out after the festival. Many times that's the best time to do it while the problems that we had during the fest are still fresh in our minds. Still lots of stuff on the list to fix for next year, but all in all it went pretty well. When I finally got home I could not sleep for a long, long time. I don't know if I was tired or if I just had too much going on in my mind (now there's a laugh don't you think?). Anyway, I last looked at the clock at 12:30 and when I needed to get up with Will at 4:30 or so, it took a while to make myself get out of the bed.

BUT what a day! I got soooooo much done and the stupid things rule didn't happen once.... well I did drop a whole container of car wax onto the ground. Green goop all over, but that's minor when I'm around.

But then the other shoe dropped yesterday..... work after Columbus Day. Now we all know that the government makes us take the day off and I'm grateful (this time), but most of the time we are the only place that is closed. Monday was one of those days.....no one else was closed. So, the mail was high, high volume. On these type days, high stands for the stacks of mail waiting for me when I got into the office. If you stood all the mail that I got yesterday next to each other and measured it from one side to the other it was over 32 feet of mail for me to sort by address, take out and deliver. So I started and then finished late and then went out and helped two or three other routes finish their routes by taking the last hour of each and delivering them. Hope I didn't goof up too much.

Although they were both very productive the last two days are the reason my arm is falling off or would feel better if it did. All that stacking and the other work that I did plus handling those heavy, heavy bunches of mail that went into each box for 10 hours will wear one piddly, out of shape arm, out pretty darn quick. It was worth it though 100 times over for all that I got done.

The only spoiler about yesterday was that as I was sitting down checking emails last night just at dusk, I heard someone hit a deer outside with their car. It's a very distinct thud that is made. As soon as I heard it I knew. I headed in to get our light cannon in case they needed it out there because is was getting pretty dark quick. I got there just as the man had pulled the deer into the ditch and driven away. It was a fawn. Now I know that hunting is important to many people and I know they enjoy it, but unless my family was starving there is no way I could kill anything. I'm too much of a softie. I almost started crying looking at that poor little thing laying there. I'm sure glad I made the kids stay home so that they didn't have to see it. Jessalyn still wants to be a vet, so she probably would have wanted to try to do mouth to mouth or something.....it's very traumatic for a 12 year old animal enthusiast to see hurt or dead animals. She really has a tough time when she cannot make things better.

Will came home just slap worn out last night. He's sleeping in this morning. It's raining and they've had him working on the lines that carry the big windows and doors. Not bad if you are only there for a little while, but a whole day of picking up sliding glass doors, french doors or picture windows will wear a person out. He's all tuckered out and in pain. Poor baby. I'll let him sleep and he'll feel better for it when he wakes up. He put me in pain just watching him walk last night.

Hey, I just realized my arm feels better now that I'm up and walking around. Thank you God. Works for me. No pain at all......good deal.

Have a great day.
dea

No comments: