Sunday, October 12, 2008

No computers for 2 days!!

We have been pulling up the old blue carpeting and installing the new berber carpeting the last couple of days. My hubby is wonderful! Between the kids and Will they really, really did a spectacular job with the room. I'm so happy that it's not blue any more! Now the computers are up and running. Life is getting back to normal or at least our version of normal.

Tomorrow is Columbus Day, so I'm going to do my fall "spring" cleaning. I started today and will keep going tomorrow. I hope that I can get tons and tons of stuff done tomorrow. My main problem is usually my energy runs out before the list of stuff runs out. We'll see how it goes.

Tomorrow night is the first Cranfest meeting since the festival. It should be interesting. People usually write reports on what they thought went well and what they thought didn't , then we read through them all. It can get interesting. It might be a long night.

It has been beautiful weather around here. In the high 70's and sunny. Sure wish it could stay like this a little longer (like about 4 months or so). Winter gets pretty long when you drive around in it with your window open. I'm not looking forward to it.

We had a bonfire with the youth group last night. It was fun. The kids all ran around playing Ghost in the Graveyard and the adults sat around the bonfire. Something strange about that, but it was fun. Hot dogs and smores are always good on a chilly night. Next month we plan on having a hay ride for the fun time. Then in December making cookies with the kids and giving away gift bakets.

Today was potluck and it was good. I made cupcakes and Jessa frosted them with orange frosting and then poked pretzel sticks into the top for pumpkin stems. I also made chicken and dumplings, saucy chicken casserole and corn casserole. I always like to make sure that there is enough food to go around. You never know when everyone will bring desserts and no one brings anything else, or else it's all jello or all salads. I try to bring a whole meal to make sure it's covered. It's what I do.....weird.

We finally have enough money saved to record our CD with our group. I am really looking forward to it. We wanted to do it while Uncle Lloyd was alive, but never could get the money and the time all at the same time. Now we are going to try to get it together for recording the beginning of November. We are really praying that it will all go together quickly and well. I'm still working on getting a copy of the program and parade from Cranfest. I would like to have the tv station's copy so that it might be a little better quality.

Hope you all have a great day tomorrow.
God Bless.
dea

No comments: