Thursday, October 16, 2008

You're never gonna believe this....

Tah....Dah......Today I drove the piece of junk jeep and NOTHING happened! No accidents, no horn honking at me AFTER I'd gotten out of the jeep, no tire falling off......wierd.

Now what do I do with the rest of my day? No trauma....hmmmmm. wierd.

It's beautiful outside, so I guess I'll go out and weed eat until Jake gets home and then I have to turn him into the "jogging ghost" from Ghost Busters. You see it's Homecoming at Tomah High School. I remember what a big deal it was for me at my High School. No one could ever say that Wakulla High and the War Eagles did not whoop it up at homecoming time. Although we did not really have a parade and that is one of the big things around here. It's held after dark so all of the floats are lit up. We also have a Christmas Parade in December where the floats are lit too. It sure makes for a neat parade. It's supposed to be pretty chilly tonight so we'll take the blankets along. Jacob is not as much "into" his school as I was. I guess he takes after his Dad. Probably a guy thing. He does love a parade though. He sure is a ham.

Tomorrow night is Will's anniversary party for work. We get to eat on the company's check and enjoy prime rib, steak and shrimp. What the heck it's a free meal. Even if we don't really know if we will know any of the people there. You just never know what will happen at one of these things.

A week from Sunday the youth group I'm working with are going to get everyone in the church to help us and we are heading out to a huge parking field we use during Cranfest. We are going to use people as markers and measure out the dimensions of Noah's Ark. The kids cannot wrap their head around the size of it all, so we are going to see just how big it really was. With all the people standing on the perimeter of the dimensions, it should give them a better idea. I think that some of the adults will be surprised too. Maybe we can get a picture.

Well time to go and get ready for the ghost. Hope you have a great day!
dea

No comments: