Thursday, October 23, 2008

I've got a big head and little arms

Youth group last night was VERY interesting. All of the kids were tired so they all got very punchy. Just the littlest thing made them giggle. By the time the night was over, I just gave up and went with it. Here we were talking about Zacharia and Elizabeth and someone came up with an imitation of the dinosaur in the movie "Meet the Robinsons". From there it just got worse. Everything seemed to remind them of that dumb movie. We managed to get the lesson done and then I just let them go. There's something about a room full of kids all doing that imitation.....I thought to myself "and there's the future of our country". That made me laugh. What a night.

Tuesday night was Jessalyn's concert. She did a wonderful, wonderful job. She sang in the 6th grade choir and then also sang and danced in show choir. It was a lot of work, but I think her favorite part was the ice cream afterwards. It has always been our tradition that when we got done with any concert from the middle school or high school we go out for icecream at McD's. When she was in elementary school we could not go because her school was in Warrens and the ice cream was 13 miles away. By the time we got there and got back home, it would have been wayyyyy too late. So she has been looking forward to icecream ever since. Kids are cute.

The weather is getting downright nippy lately. I'm not ready for winter. I do not have time for it yet. I still have painting and staining to do. I still have yard work to do. I just wish I had about 7 days at home with no interruptions. Not that I don't love my family, because I really do, but when there are others here it's too easy to get caught up in something they are doing or something that they need. It makes it hard for me to get done the things I need to. When it's just me and my shadows (Sam and Gabby), I can get tons and tons of stuff done. Yesterday afternoon was the first day that I have been home by myself after work in a long time when I did not have prior commitments. Productive afternoon. I hope today is the same.

Our singing group New Journey had a meeting with the recording studio on Monday. We are hoping to start recording on the 10th of November. It should be interesting with a few twists in what we record. We don't do anything the normal way. We have a couple of ideas on ways to make it a special CD. Saturday we have a concert in Rockford and then Sunday at a semi local church here. Things are really busy in that area right now. Strange.

Well, I need to get kids to school. Here's a link to that funny scene that the kids were acting out last night. It's the movie trailer so the dinosaur isn't until the end, but it will make you smile. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S396-fnLldk (hopefully it works, I have not ever done that before)

Hope you have a great day.
dea

No comments: