Monday, February 23, 2009

The last time I posted...

was the last time that I felt ok.

I have had the "flu" since then. Well, I don't really know if it is the flu or what, but fever of 100+, upset stomach, stopped up nose and head and numerous other symptoms. Whatever it was, I'm sure that having your head shut up in a drawer for a couple of days, feels the same way. Yuck.
I slept most of the day away for 3 days. Unheard of in my world.

Now I finally feel better. Still using a million tissues, but hey I'm alive and can actually function. Life goes on at the Donaldson house.

Also on the "me" front... had that injection(s) in my shoulder last week and low and behold...it really seems to be working. The range of motion in my shoulder is really getting better and the stiffness seems to be working itself out. I'm pleased. I know that they say that steroids can turn into plastic in your joint after 50 years, but who am I kidding...I'll be 94 in 50 years. By then, they'll be able to pop in new joints with velcro or some such thing. Besides if I'm in heaven by then I get a new one anyway. No worries.

Sales and reviews of the CD are good so far. I think that I'm probably the harshest critic that we have. I have been very surprised at how many people are really liking what they hear. Just goes to show you what God can do.

The dog and the cat really enjoyed me being sick. They follow me from room to room, all the time, every day. At least when I was sick I held still. They were loving just hanging out in the bedroom with me. I think that they are disgruntled now because I will not hold still. Sam sighs and follows every time I move, like he is so "put apon".

That's funny...Will just made this strange sound in his sleep and the dog had to go and check on him. Poor dog... he never gets a moment's peace. Now I've woke the kids up for school and he will try to be in many places at once making sure everyone is ok, but he will finally give up and just stick to following me around. The funny thing is that he will wake us up at 4:00 am on the days that Will is not supposed to work because that is when we usually get up every other day. He comes and whines at me when it's 6:15 because that's when the kids start getting ready to go out to the bus. He starts to get pitiful and mope at 7:45 am because that's when I get ready to leave and he starts listening for the bus at 4:00 pm. When we are outside waiting for the bus, as soon as he hears it, he sits on his butt and just waits staring off into the distance, so the kids know it's coming. He's quite a hoot.

Well, it's time for the kids to get ready for school. I can't think today enough to multi task.

Have a great day.
dea

No comments: