Sunday, February 15, 2009

owwee, yummee and wowee !!!

Ok so it's a stupid title. Give me a break..I'm tired. Last Wednesday I went to therapy. My usual therapist was gone for schooling, so I had a fill in. Somehow one of us messed up my shoulder. I'm not back to square one, but I've had a setback that's for sure. It hurts to lay down again and it hurts when I walk again(no I don't walk with my arm, but the gravity that affects your shoulder as you walk causes pain, go figure). That's all been better for a week or 2, so here we go again.

Friday afternoon I went in to the church at 3:00 and started cooking supper. By 5:00 I had spaghetti sauce, fettucini alfredo with bacon and onions and 4 dozen cupcakes made. Jessalyn got off of the bus at 4:00 and made a great salad and then helped me make 42 individual cheesecake trifles. When the other kids showed up they cooked the 7 loaves of french bread, made drinks, frosted the cupcakes and helped set things up. We ended up feeding about 40 people, I think. Things were busy there for a minute, so I didn't count too closely. After everyone had eaten we went upstairs and some watched Fireproof. Others had stuff to do, so they left, but all in all it was a great night.
Saturday was Valentine's Day. I usually pick something up for the kids and Will, but it's not a big holiday for us around here. If they do dishes for me during the day, I figure I've gotten a great V-day present. Boy was I surprised when Jessa showed up at work with a gift basket full of flowers, a balloon and doughnuts for everyone at work. Boy was I popular. Will and Jessalyn had done it all themselves. It was beautiful. I was the only person at work to get something. That was special.
So today was church. I've been dealing with this new hair cut. You know how it is after you first get it cut. It's like your hair goes into shock and you have a hard time figuring out how to deal with it. So... on a fluke today, I decided to go "curly". I set it all in hot rollers and ran with it. My hubby was in shock and still has not told me whether he liked it or not. He said that he would get burned no matter what he said. Everyone at church really liked it, so we'll see what happens. For so long, I have not had the time to deal with hair etc. I just did the simplest stuff I could. Now the kids are older and I have more "me" time. We'll see how this all pans out, but it's different.
Hope you have a great day tomorrow.
dea

No comments: