Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Mom's back online!

I finally feel alive and maybe even kicking. Good thing too.. things are getting busy around here. Trying to get caught up on the housework that I should have done while I was sick (I think it's a lost cause), trying to get the little things done around the house before our appraisal (we're refinancing-God willing), trying to get another Cranfest round table discussion together for tomorrow night and many other numerous things that need to be done. It's crazy.

My children have both really been great during my illness, but now that I'm better, I'm back to "Mom". You know that special time that we are going through right now......."teen hood". It's when your children are acting like a 2 year old, while yelling at you that you need to treat them like an adult. It's the time that the same children who used to believe that you hung the moon, don't believe that you can know the best way to hang up a bath towel. The same children who used to tell you that you were the only one who understood, tell you now that you "just don't understand".

I'm telling you they say that it's the teenage years, but it's not...it's the terrible two all over, except this time they know more words AND sarcasm. Sometimes I just want to ask them "do you understand the words that are coming out of my mouth?" but then I really don't want them to answer because I'm tired of listening to them talk.

Do not get me wrong....my kids are wonderful. They are respectful to adults, respectful to other kids and for the main part very well behaved in public. It's just every once in a while the terrible two's rear their head and I would love to just tie their ears in a knot. Especially when my son who is taller than me looks at me like he wants to pat me on the head and send me to bed, or my daughter who is too smart for her own good corrects me when I am speaking to her (and for cryin' out loud, she's right sometimes).

The best one is when they use your own words against you.... Jake told me the other day (in a condescending tone) "Now Mom you know that you never have been a 16 year old boy and never will be so how could you understand?".......I WANTED TO JUMP UP AND DOWN LIKE A 2 YEAR OLD. Maybe it's catching?

Well, time to wake the "kiddies"... of course they didn't believe "because I said so" all those years ago, I don't know why it would work now.

Have a great day.
dea

No comments: