Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Wasted days and wasted nights.

This seems to be the story of my life lately. I feel like I'm spinning my wheels. I was so excited to stay home and actually get something done yesterday. I didn't get near enough done. I did laundry. How can 4 people wear so many clothes? I spent the morning just puttering, went to therapy and then came home with a terrible headache. Great. Sooooo....I sat in a chair trying not to move too quickly, between my shoulder and my head, movement was a problem. Day wasted.

AND since my shoulder has been hurting...not sleeping well at night...what a pain. When you don't feel good you are supposed to at least be able to sleep.

I'm so ready for spring that I've been walking around the yard with the dog making plans on what I'll do first. Where I'll put this and what I will get rid of . The dog loves it. He gets to smell everything. According to the way he acts, a heard of elephants walked through our yard or something. He is bound and determined to smell every inch of the yard. It's actually quite funny to watch him be walking along sniffing the air when all of a sudden he does a double take, stops in his tracks and then spins around to go smell something he just walked by. Sure takes awhile for us to make a circuit of the yard.

Poor Will. Sunday morning is supposed to be his morning to sleep in, although to tell you the truth, most mornings that he is home, I let him sleep in. He works hard, so he deserves all the rest that he can get. Anyway, I digress, Sunday morning he is sleeping very peacefully and is awakened very suddenly to the cat biting his toe. Evidentally, he had left it outside of the covers and was wiggling it around. She just walked over and chomp. How rude. Sure woke him up quick. That'll teach him.

Snow here tomorrow. I am not thrilled and then Wednesday, blizzard conditions with below zero temps again. I'm telling you, I am ready for spring to be sprung already!!!!! That ground hog promised me only 6 more weeks of winter and if he was lying.....I'm thinking about a recipe I found for groundhog stew. It didn't sound too great at the time, but now it's sounding like just rewards, just for spite.

Hope you have a great day!
dea

No comments: