Thursday, February 26, 2009

Now I have guilt....

After "discussing" the joys of "teenhood" in my last post.... I now have guilt. Both kids were home sick from school yesterday. Great, now I can't even be indignant about their attitude. What fun is that?

No church last night for the youth group. I wasn't feeling up to it yet and the kids are still sick.... I called around and half of the other kids are sick too. They had a Christian Youth night/concert at the local kids place on Friday and everyone went. I bet they shared with each other. Hopefully, we will all be better this next week. We are working towards a goal with our lessons and hopefully are going to have a "passover" meal with the whole church next month before Easter. I want them to learn how it was back then and why the Jewish people still observe the passover. How it works and what it's about. When some others in the church heard about it they wanted to be included too. I think it could be a fun night learning about it for everyone. Now I need to find some good recipes.

I bought new curtains for the living room yesterday and the color is still not right. Our couch is one of those tans that is not quite tan and not quite green??????? Trying to find a match for it is becoming quite a task. I really want curtains up before the appraisal, so I'll keep trying.

My arm still seems to be on the mend. Here's hoping and praying that I can finally be done with it and get on with life.

Big storm here today... up to 8 inches of snow and sleet before tomorrow.

I'm telling you that ground hog is living on borrowed time. He said only 6 more weeks of winter.....that means he only has 2 more weeks to go and it's not looking like it wants to get warmer. If he only knew that I found my recipe from Civil war times for ground hog stew....he'd be working harder on this spring stuff.. Twerp.

Come on and spring already!!!
Have a great day.
dea

No comments: