Monday, December 01, 2008

Black and White And Christmas Lights!

Today is "Black Monday". This is the day that the Internet becomes loaded with shoppers. It's supposed to be the biggest Internet shopping day of the year. For those of us who are counting pennies and too smart (prideful) to "charge it", it just means we may have to deal with Internet slow downs, crashes and page reloads. As I am one of those counting pennies...okay, let's be honest..with no disposable income that I haven't already disposed of...It isn't as if I have anything really important to do on the net, except try to keep myself entertained cheaply. I was hoping for a video call with my mother and slow networks can mess that up royally. Anyway, if you experience these problems you can chalk it up to Black Monday.

How's this for timing? I just got pleasantly interrupted by my very good friend John Roman! I had a tab with my Facebook page open and he rang in with a chat line. We start to chat and my Internet explorer crashed! Can I call it or what?

Now for something completely different!

White: The snow on the ground and all over the cars. I just came in from helping Deanna get her car cleaned off. The poor girl has to drive around all day with her window open to deliver the mail. Brrr. Makes me cold just thinking about it. I may have to put another log on the fire that is all of three feet behind me as I type this! The forecasters must be stumped. They at first said less than half an inch. Then less than a inch. Then Ooops! winter advisory! I wake up to two to three inches of the stuff. It's pretty to look at from inside my nice warm house but otherwise...Yuck. Especially as there is stuff outside that I wanted to bring in before this happened and I wasn't able to get it done. Yeah, yuck.

Deanna and I (mostly Deanna) have really been getting into the Facebook website. There is this family of friends that we all kind of grew up together. I consider them as much a part of my family as if we were blood kin. Via Facebook I got to see some pictures from that family while they celebrated Thanksgiving and it made me really nostalgic. There was one pic of Bekah (who writes the blog Diagonally Parked in a Parallel Universe) and her brother Pete. Seeing the two of them together reminded me of years ago. There were two or three Christmas' in a row where the three of us would go looking at the Christmas lights in Tallahassee Florida. There were some great ones too. What made it so much fun and interesting is that I would just drive. Bekah and Pete would get to take turns telling me which street to take. If Pete wanted to get to one side of town while Bekah was aiming for a different point, well we certainly wound up in some interesting places! What a great time! Fun, Laughter and Christmas lights!

Definitely a memory to treasure.

Keep Christ in Christmas
Will




No comments: