Tuesday, December 23, 2008

How completely negative did that sound?

I just reread my last blog entry.....note to self....do not write when you are tired. I know I needed a little crackers and cheese with my whine. I'll try to do better today.

Last night was our final Christmas concert of the season. It was Jake's holiday concert. They were wonderful. Jake can really concentrate on the director while he is singing and pays attention. As someone who has directed (badly) that's important and not common. For some strange reason, Jake's favorite song that they sang was "Mr. Grinch". I wonder why? It must have been the part about the stinky socks and all the gross stuff. What is it that makes that stuff facinating to a 16 year old? He did a very good job and really looked nice. I could tell that he was proud of his girl too. When she was singing he only had eyes for her. Of course she was wearing the necklace he gave her for Christmas too. She's a really, really nice girl and we like her a lot. Better yet, she likes him a lot for who he is and that's nice to see.

Jessalyn's concert was last week. She had one of the solo's and she sang it beautifully. We were really proud of her. If you knew how shy she really is, it's amazing that she can get up and sing solo's in front of huge crowds. She even sings in front of the Cranfest visitors and at any time there can be a couple of thousand people walking around her listening. She is a trooper. Her cousin just got into show choir with her and she has now found this new great friend in it too. I think that she will be in show choir for awhile if she gets to. For the first 3 months of the year, she was not so sure. Now everything's peachy and she seems to have found her niche in school. I'm glad.

Will is off to his last day of work for 13 days. Twerp. He usually gets this much time at Christmas time. My job is just the problem. There will still be presents flying back and forth for a week or two. In a couple of days we will be hit with millions of spring catalogs and I'm sure pretty soon the tax notices and books will come out. I am very glad though because it's job security and in these times that what most people are looking for.

Our annual Christmas Eve open house is tomorrow night and I do not even have the menu planned. Wow. I don't think I have ever been this "not prepared" for Christmas in my life. What a weird feeling. Wait kid crisis..be back.

The joys of motherhood. Jessa is going with show choir today to sing Christmas Carols at the local nursing homes and assisted living homes. She needed to be able to wear her special tshirt for show choir. Guess what is missing? 1 hour later and we still do not know where it is. Great. After all of this she tells me the teacher has extras....why didn't you tell me this BEFORE we tore through the house looking for it? Not what I needed to be doing this morning. I wonder if we should just cancel Christmas Eve, but then I remember all the people that count on this for their "Christmas event". I guess I need to just pray about it and have faith that God will provide a way.

Today is another trip to LaCrosse for me. I had to work last week very late on the day that Will and I were supposed to go and shop. Now I NEED to go and finish today. The only problem is ....snow. We now have 3 inches of new snow on the ground....another 2-4 due today and another 3-5 due tonight. You've heard the saying when it rains it pours...well when it snows........it SNOWS!!!!!!! I think that counting the snow that all melted a couple of weeks ago, we have had almost 3 feet of snow and still more is coming.

Well, time to get busy...again. Have a great day.
dea

No comments: