Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Today is the day...and boy am I in trouble!

Tonight is our open house. Boy do I have a lot of work to do. As soon as I get done blogging, I need to finalize the menu and figure out my shopping list. That sounds like a lot, but cooking for crowds is a joy for me and it's something that I'm kind of sort of good at, so that part will be fun.....but the house.

Let's just say this about the house. It's not a disaster by any means, but we are still in limbo on so many projects that nothing is where it should be. My office is in rubbermaids, the living room has a couch and a tv and that's about it, the new room is full of building materials, plumbing supplies and Christmas boxes filled with decorations that we will never have time for. Did I mention that Will had to replace about every part of the family bathroom toilet this last week and by the time that was done he was not a happy camper. Now this morning I get up and go to clean that bathroom and the toilet is plugged. I think I will deal with it before he gets up. No need to add to his stress.

So.......I have a plan. This morning before I go to work, I am going to spend 30 minutes in each room and then see what's left. Thank you God that the snow that was predicted never showed. That is a great big help.

I went to LaCrosse yesterday afternoon with my Mom. We powershopped. Well, let me just say that I powershopped. I don't think she bought a thing. Things are tight this year, so I had to consider every angle to get the most for our money. I think that I came up with something pretty cool for each of the kids and with the money that they are receiving from others for gifts, I think they will be having a great time shopping the after Christmas sales. It all works out in the end.

Today is a very heavy day for mail and then I have to get home. So I need to get busy on the house.

Everyone have a Blessed Christmas Eve and I wish you could be here. I'd cook for you!

dea
John 3:16-17

No comments: