Wednesday, December 03, 2008

I've been telling him for years.....

Will laughs at me, but I have proof positive that it mainly snows the large amounts on the days that he works. For the last couple of years there has been this trend.....snow while Will is working. Result: Deanna gets to shovel. Today is no exception to the rule. Over 3 inches of snow last night and supposedly another 2 or 3 today. Great. I already had enough to do today and now I have to shovel. Oh joy....can you feel my excitement? To make matters worse, my favorite shovel broke.

Unless it gets lots warmer we will now have a white Christmas. Now if I can just get everything else done. Today is work, decorating the village Christmas tree for Cranfest, choir practise, youth group and whatever else falls into the mix.

Tomorrow is baking, decorating, cleaning and then playing piano for a benefit tomorrow night.

Friday, more cleaning, baking and work.

Saturday cookie baking with youth, soup supper for church and then old fashioned family night that night, including a "taffy pull".

Sunday: church, choir practise and then village wide caroling with cookie get together.

I think we are going to be very, very busy the next couple of days, BUT the great part is aside from the Christmas program at church on the 14th, I'm pretty much done with outside stuff for Christmas after the 14th. Pretty neat. There are a couple of concerts for the kid's choirs but other than that I can hunker down and enjoy this season, God willing. We are usually busy right up until Christmas Eve so this will be different. I think I might enjoy this.

Have a great day!
dea

No comments: